www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I can't be sure by reading the rules, kind of a gray area.

Say your putt comes to rest supported by the cage of the basket, on the outside, but is ALSO supported by a tree. Likely without that tree it would fall (but you can't move the basket or the tree to find out)* this part may be irrelevant. Is it in?

Hole #4 at Lakeshore has the basket placed an inch from a large, split fallen tree. I have done that, it was technically supported by the basket, but also by the tree and definitely would have fallen to the ground if not for the tree.

Views: 2

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I would say the disc has to be solely supported by the entrapment device without assistance from anything else.
Move the basket, no basket should be that close to a tree.
I can't say that I know the correct ruling here, but if you were playing on my card I'd probably allow it. Unless it was somehow obvious that the tree was the main support for the disc (ie. leaning against the basket but the weight of the disc clearly supported by the tree) it should be considered supported by the basket. I'm interested to see what Chuck or some of the other guys have to say about this.
If you wait the tree will eventually grow enough to push the basket over and the disc may end up in the basket. Course rule should be "in".
That's exactly the problem. It does not say anything like 'solely' supported by the basket. There is no rule covering this as far as I can tell. I would have to call it in, as it is in per the rule as it's written.
But, doesn't the disc have to land inside the basket to count? Had the tree not been there you would have hit the basket and rickered away from it. Either way. hell of an odd ball shot and pic's should have been taken to brag about it lol.
No, the disc just has to be supported by the basket or chains to count.
No it doesn't. You can wedge a disc into the side of the basket (or the bottom theoretically) and that is good. Also hanging from the basket on the outside is good. (see the official rule from the PDGA site below)
Yes it does... those are supported by the basket.
lol you say I'm wrong then explain my point, funny :)
Brandon's reply is to the original statement from Captnhowdy, it just shows up under your reply and looks like a reply to you (Jay Dub) and this reply (Disc-O) may not land directly under yours either. I am confused with this explanation, but it looks like you both told Captnhowdy that it does not have to be in the basket, just supported by the basket, which includes the outside of the basket, either hanging or wedged!!!
Ugh. Still getting use to this format.
...and my will go here appearing under yours...but the next one will likely appear as a......

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968