www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I can't be sure by reading the rules, kind of a gray area.

Say your putt comes to rest supported by the cage of the basket, on the outside, but is ALSO supported by a tree. Likely without that tree it would fall (but you can't move the basket or the tree to find out)* this part may be irrelevant. Is it in?

Hole #4 at Lakeshore has the basket placed an inch from a large, split fallen tree. I have done that, it was technically supported by the basket, but also by the tree and definitely would have fallen to the ground if not for the tree.

Views: 2

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Sounds like if it was determined by 'we' it should be in the rules, clarified. Next time it's updated.
Put it on your list of suggestions to the Rules Committee since next year is the big revision review.
Especially when Chuck had posted this before that event:
When you consider the intent of the basket is to emulate a disc striking an original object target, it makes sense to call it in. All the basket is for is to confirm that a target was "struck" when shots are blind. The only part that makes me uncomfortable would be a situation where the disc got wedged sidewise between the trunk and basket and was never high enough to have possibly gone in.
The PDGA Executive Drector and Competition Director along with several marshals were at Worlds and that was the determination. I would like to see a lot of these rulings that don't end up in the rules or the Rules Q&A published somewhere. There have been some really funky things happen at major events like Worlds that would show people how decisions have been made in an attempt at fairness. These are oddball situations that defy direct determination from the rulebook.
I had an oddball ruling myself at Highbridge '07, on the last hole too. Had to call for an official.
elaborate?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968