www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

My disc lands and is not OB, I decide to throw from where my disc is and as I release my foot crosses the OB line but is in the air above it not in contact.  It is not a supporting point but hovers over OB.

So questions.

1) Since I am close but not OB and I can stand where I am not OB can I move my lay.

2) Since my foot is hovering over OB territory although not touching it would I be considered in violation of stance?

3) Is the OB line Vertical?  And if it is why can I still play on a bridge over an OB creek?

Ready....  Comment!

Tags: More, Rules, chuck, kennedy, rules

Views: 6

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

1) No problem moving lie up to 1m from OB line so you have more room to stay IB.
2) No violation since no supporting point touching OB (on the ground) until after release
3) Yes OB line produces a vertical plane. But you can have stacked surfaces where an IB surface is over an OB surface.
See: http://www.pdga.com/faq/rules-questions-answers/bridge-over-ob-mult...
1. Whenever your disc is within a meter of OB you still get up to a meter relief perpendicular from the OB line...regardless

2. No, I don't think so, unless you are within 10 meters....then it might have bee a falling putt if you didn't maintain your balance before the disc came to rest.

3. Yes it is considered vertical. The only way you can play from a bridge over an OB creek...is if your disc lands there or crossed over the Bridge before going OB. The bridge is permanent and is a playing surface...unless otherwise specified by course design/rules/TD
Chuck is correct on all counts.

FYI - Chuck is a current PDGA Certified official and former member of the PDGA Rules Committee. He won't steer you wrong.
Glad to know I was right and the other official I was talking to was incorrect.
yep, Chuck is the man. Helped me once before in a situation!
We have the bridge issue come up a lot.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968