www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I began playing with the San Marino Roc and it was awesome and very reliable.

I just got the KC Pro because I hear that most people prefer the Pro plastic, just wanted to try it out.

I find that the KC Pro is almost somewhat harder to throw as far. Seems like it doesn't have as much glide to it.

I know the San Marino is a little bit more understable but all-in-all how would you guys compare and contrast the two?

I really wanna master the KC pro. 

Views: 101

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I can't compare the two since I haven't thrown a San Marino, but I do throw rancho rocs (the KC mold) and I know that my favorite rancho roc is a beaten in one. Brand new I can't throw a rancho roc very far unless I turn it over at the start of its flight and let it fight it's way out. So I'd say use that thing as your overstable mid until it beats in a bit and then it is gold on any line.
San Marino in a DX has the most glide. San Marino Star has less glide than a new KC. basically the difference in stability is pretty big in the beginning a San will turn and hold the angle of the turn but fade a little. A new Kc will turn and actually turn a lot harder as it gets slower. I carry both but prefer the Kc, simply because it becomes VERY reliable as it beats in b/c it does so slowly. A Dx san, can change into an entirely different disc in three bad drives, (say straight into the C.losest T.ree to the P.ad) Glide goes Most =dx Med =pro less= star. The only way to master the roc is to know what you can do with it, practicing with it in open areas and find a guy around you that is a surgeon with one and throws it a main mid range driver at holes 350-400. Watch, learn and practice.
I throw a 177 r-pro and a 175 DX. I love the r-pro, but i just looked at it last night and its bent to hell in several directions. I feel like the DX is more domey and has a deeper rim. I used to throw a 11xKCpro and liked it but gave it to a friend a couple years ago...thinking of going back to a KC if its comparable and more durable than the r-pro.

Thoughts?

And if I want more distance, which roc would you recommend I get?
and would it benefit me to go with one lighter than 175-180?
The lighter the disc the farther you can throw it. By also the lighter the less stable on the wind and less predictable. I think a San Marino would go the farthest.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968