www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I saw Joe Graham say he sprayed his gorilla boy bag with scotchguard. Just getting a new gold revo carolina bag, I would definitely feel safer with some kind of stain repellent on it. Anybody ever do this/know how? Any bad side effects?

Tags: scotchguard

Views: 9

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Someone needs to come up with a line-X for the bottom of the bag.
I had a friend that used a teflon spray and that worked well for him, water and mud would just bead off of his bag. That was on a Fade bag, so I'm not sure how different the material is. Like Chad said, just do a test spot in an inconspicuous area first.
Pheonix does offer that on their bags. If you go to a shop that does Line X or Rhino Lining they will spray just about anything you want them to. I worked at a truck accessory shop where we did Line X and we sprayed all kinds of wierd stuff for people. Honestly, you could probably buy a Pheonix bag and have the bottom sprayed for less than what they charge for it.

castawaydave said:
Someone needs to come up with a line-X for the bottom of the bag.
just look for a clean, dry spot to set it down. since i have a white bag, i spend more time looking for the perfect resting spot for my bag then i do thinking about the shot im about to throw!
I treated mine with Thompson's water seal, it made the bag darker but water and mud bead of it like a ducks back now. I dont really care what color my bag is, i look at it like a tool
they do , Ive seen it on a few, not sure what it was or if they bought it like that tho

castawaydave said:
Someone needs to come up with a line-X for the bottom of the bag.
IMHO dirt, etc adds character!!
That sounds like the "Red Green" solution to keep a disc golf bag protected, well he would do that or cover the whole thing in Duct Tape.

Jack Davis said:
I treated mine with Thompson's water seal, it made the bag darker but water and mud bead of it like a ducks back now. I dont really care what color my bag is, i look at it like a tool
No need to put yourself down like that. I don't reckon you're a tool.

Jack Davis said:
I dont really care what color my bag is, i look at it like a tool
well lottlo i guess that y we dont buy white!

Lotto said:
just look for a clean, dry spot to set it down. since i have a white bag, i spend more time looking for the perfect resting spot for my bag then i do thinking about the shot im about to throw!
The DiscPlayerSports Disc Golf bag comes pre treated with water retardant.
The Disc Player company is out of Florida, felt it was necessary to make the bag this way.
Keep things inside dry.
Like cell phones and so on.
(When it rains in Florida it RAINS!, There is an actual rainy season).
This is also beneficial for snow, sleet, ice..... and everything nice too.
huk life 24/7 said:
well lottlo i guess that y we dont buy white!

Lotto said:
just look for a clean, dry spot to set it down. since i have a white bag, i spend more time looking for the perfect resting spot for my bag then i do thinking about the shot im about to throw!

white bags are for pimps.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…
 

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968