www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I saw Joe Graham say he sprayed his gorilla boy bag with scotchguard. Just getting a new gold revo carolina bag, I would definitely feel safer with some kind of stain repellent on it. Anybody ever do this/know how? Any bad side effects?

Tags: scotchguard

Views: 6

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

At the cracked Plastic I used a white garbage bag rolled up and slipped my Fade Tourney bag in it. Did it look cool? Probably not. Did it work? Yes. Not on speck of dirt, poo, or water on the outside of the bag. It lasted actually three round before the liner bag started to wear (I used it the day before to see if it worked).

This has actually got me thinking about having my wife, who has awesome sewing skills, make an outer lining bag, attached by either elastic band or hooking up to the golf bag back straps. It will be treated, perhaps rubber dipped. She said she can do it. Design isn't final, but it should only cover about the bottom half of the bag.
John Sturtevant said:
At the cracked Plastic I used a white garbage bag rolled up and slipped my Fade Tourney bag in it. Did it look cool? Probably not. Did it work? Yes. Not on speck of dirt, poo, or water on the outside of the bag. It lasted actually three round before the liner bag started to wear (I used it the day before to see if it worked).

This has actually got me thinking about having my wife, who has awesome sewing skills, make an outer lining bag, attached by either elastic band or hooking up to the golf bag back straps. It will be treated, perhaps rubber dipped. She said she can do it. Design isn't final, but it should only cover about the bottom half of the bag.

patent it and start sellin!
I just use a stool and don't worry about it
Garrett Graham said:
I just use a stool and don't worry about it

thats what im about to do.
I will get them done as soon as possible. Going to base the first one off the Fade tourney bag, only because it's the one I have, but I think the Revolution Carolina bag and Innova comp bags has similar bottom dimensions. I will try and get some made for you and Blaze if you are interested.

Maybe I will call the small company Bonk discgolf apparel and accessories.
If you had personals to carry along in your disc bag (like a watch, cell phone, Kleenex etc.) I could see some scotch guard sprayed on it to keep out the moisture.
But just for discs...forget it. As far as stain repellent...what the....? Why would you want stain repellent sprayed all over your bag? Unless your bag was Oxy-clean white (hint hint), and you wanted to preserve the whiteness. Why not just have a black bag or dark colored bag to carry your discs in. Sheeesh.
This rant is mostly sarcastic and somewhat true.
K.
huk life 24/7 said:
well lottlo i guess that y we dont buy white!

Lotto said:
just look for a clean, dry spot to set it down. since i have a white bag, i spend more time looking for the perfect resting spot for my bag then i do thinking about the shot im about to throw!
Like a shower cap for your bag lol...but that is a good idea.
Well I didn't use scotch guard, but I had some other fabric waterproofer lying around and it said it wouldn't change the color of fabric. So I tried it on a small, inconspicious spot first (thanks Chad). Turned out the same color, so I sprayed the whole thing down, then another coat 5 hours later. The bag might be a LITTLE bit darker now, but its not like I custom ordered the shade of yellow the bag came with, a little darker doesn't bother me at all. Blue gatorade stains bother me, like the one I spent like 2 hours getting off after last tournament. In all - Highly recommended! and I do have a nice stool too, but I don't want to bring that with me if I don't have to.
Ken Long said:
huk life 24/7 said:
well lottlo i guess that y we dont buy white!

Lotto said:
just look for a clean, dry spot to set it down. since i have a white bag, i spend more time looking for the perfect resting spot for my bag then i do thinking about the shot im about to throw!

White is reserved for the cool kids. so is the box of Shout-Wipes i keep in my bag.
I would use a tent repellent spray...I've never had any problems with it...
Try it !!!! Dosen't hurt your bag !!!!

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968