www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Since Dookville's topic has been posted I have been thinking of starting a Father/Son, Father/Daughter, Mother/Son, or Mother/Daughter league.  I was thinking Dubs where I would purchase ultra light buzzz's ( if discraft still produces them) to sell as entry.  Buying a disc would get you and your child into the league.  The Profits from buying the disc would be put towards a prize at the end of the league for the child of the winning team. It would be a 10 week league ( 8 weeks played with 2 weeks for possible rain out).  We would play on a short course such as Freedom Park in Canton, Bandamer Park in Ann Arbor, or Mary Beth Doyle Park in Ann Arbor.  Would anyone in the area be interested in joining a league like this?  I still have to contact Discraft and see if they still make the ultra light discs.  If not does any other company make ultra light discs ( 125 or so grams)?

My 4 year old would get a kick out of this.  He gets really upset when I go out and play with friends and is not able to join me.  This would allow him to meet new friends possibly his age, and he would be able to get out and play.

Let me know what you all think.

Views: 312

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Kewl idea

If you want an ultralight get a hold of Daredevil Discs ( http://www.daredevildiscs.com )

The Kit Fox is 150 gms of goodness 

If you want lighter, Quest's Defender if a mid 130 gram that really is a versatile disc.

www.questat.com

Thanks ill look into them!

Thats the way Dude.

Julia is going to play in the Ladies of La Mirada Tourney here in Los Angeles and we are going to get as much local publicity outta the papers as we can. Gonna have to go grass roots on this stuff wicked.

We have a BYOP tourney coming up in 2 weeks in my home town. This year I signed myself and my 9yr old son as my partner. He has his own starter bag and I set him up with 150 & 160 class discs. I'm not looking to win the tourney or anything, but we get a pretty nice players pack. He picked out which disc he wants in his pack as well as what size shirt he'll get. Talk about 1 stoked kid!!! Anytime I go play a round, he is ready to head out with Dad. What a great bonding experience, as well as introducing this fun game with the next generation. He's already shooting 4 & 5's with an occasional 3 on some of the shorter holes.

Good luck with your league. It seems most of my golf buddies really get a kick out of seeing the little fella throwing a forehand drive, then a backhand putt. You can only imagine how happy the kid gets when he drains 10-30' putts in front of his Dad and his golfing friends(which he has done at least a half a dozen times now). Everyone is hollering and giving him high-fives. That kind of encouragement helps to keep him coming out.

I know Innova's 150 class discs are great for kids. They seem to still do real well in the wind with out getting too hard to control even for the kids. I know Discraft is more local, but it may be something to look into.

If you want light, the Quest Defender is a really fine and rather straight flyer, my wife, with less strength also likes the Quest t-Bone as a lighter disc.

The Daredevil Kit Fox is as good as Innova Dragon, and has great graphics to boot.

One other 150 option is from Aotearoa from New Zealand. The Eagle Light.

Some smaller companies do some fine discs to compete with the the better known companies. 

Julia throws:

150g Discraft XL

150g Innova Stingray

150g Aviar Classic

150g Dx Shark

153g Gummy Champ Innova FL

DTW (Discovering the World) in Buena Park California.

My 5 year old throws a 137gm Innova Wedge, A 149gm Discraft Surge, a 127gm Innova Leopard, and a 147gm Innova Leopard. Innova makes some Light discs for the Kiddos. Hope it all works out!
I'm in,  my 3 yr old should be ready but I think my 1 yr old might need another year..
I think our little ones would have a blast! I know my little one always asks if yours will be at the lake when we go up there!
I AM IN!!!!!!!!
Well i just contacted Discraft about their ultra light buzzz's and they dont have any left nor do they know of anyone that still has any in stock.  So its going to be on to Innova.  I know other companies have good discs but people I know look for name brand stuff to throw.  I personally am not putting other companies down.  I will throw anything as long as it works for me.

I tried going to daredevildiscs.com and my comp's anti virus is stopping me saying there is a trojan linked to their website.  Just a warning to all others trying to go to their website.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968