www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Since Dookville's topic has been posted I have been thinking of starting a Father/Son, Father/Daughter, Mother/Son, or Mother/Daughter league.  I was thinking Dubs where I would purchase ultra light buzzz's ( if discraft still produces them) to sell as entry.  Buying a disc would get you and your child into the league.  The Profits from buying the disc would be put towards a prize at the end of the league for the child of the winning team. It would be a 10 week league ( 8 weeks played with 2 weeks for possible rain out).  We would play on a short course such as Freedom Park in Canton, Bandamer Park in Ann Arbor, or Mary Beth Doyle Park in Ann Arbor.  Would anyone in the area be interested in joining a league like this?  I still have to contact Discraft and see if they still make the ultra light discs.  If not does any other company make ultra light discs ( 125 or so grams)?

My 4 year old would get a kick out of this.  He gets really upset when I go out and play with friends and is not able to join me.  This would allow him to meet new friends possibly his age, and he would be able to get out and play.

Let me know what you all think.

Views: 316

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

lol
whats so funny?
OK guys!  I just got 4 sample discs in from Quest AT.  Anyone interested in getting together and letting our kids throw these?  At this time we can also discus the league and start to get the ball rolling.
Way to go guys!!!
Ok were going to get this started. First round will be held on Saturday Sept. 3rd at 10:00 am. I wont have the discs at this time for league sign up but should have them by the following weekend. We will be meeting every Saturday at 10:00 at Freedom Park in Canton, Michigan through the end of October. The only way we will not meet is if it is raining. I am going to create a club on the Scene and then a league. I will use this to keep everyone up to date on the weather. The cost for joining the league will be $10.00. The $10.00 will get your child a disc and will help pay for a pizza party at the end of the season. Since I will not have the discs at the 1st round I will not require the entry fee at that time. I look forward too meeting a lot of new disc golf parents, and I know my boys are looking forward to making new friends!
Please regester Joslyn Dotson into the ladies 3 and under division.  She will be there and looks foward to Schooling you little ones..  CHA!!!Training since day 1...

will do gabe!

Ok I'm going to order the discs this afternoon. If anyone is interested in joining this league or knows of someone that is please post on here so I can get an idea of how many I should order.
Come on out Saturday with the little ones for a fun time!

Man, I wish we were close enough to make it!  My 6 year old would be SO STOKED. He has been teaching ME how to throw forehand. Little Turd. :)

Hope you get a Great turnout, this is an AWESOME thing your starting.

Tomorrow at 10 am is our first league round.  Anyone with children under 10 are more than welcome to participate!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

2014 ACE RACE PLAYER PACKS ?

Posted by James Banevicz on November 23, 2014 at 4:41pm

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968