www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Since Dookville's topic has been posted I have been thinking of starting a Father/Son, Father/Daughter, Mother/Son, or Mother/Daughter league.  I was thinking Dubs where I would purchase ultra light buzzz's ( if discraft still produces them) to sell as entry.  Buying a disc would get you and your child into the league.  The Profits from buying the disc would be put towards a prize at the end of the league for the child of the winning team. It would be a 10 week league ( 8 weeks played with 2 weeks for possible rain out).  We would play on a short course such as Freedom Park in Canton, Bandamer Park in Ann Arbor, or Mary Beth Doyle Park in Ann Arbor.  Would anyone in the area be interested in joining a league like this?  I still have to contact Discraft and see if they still make the ultra light discs.  If not does any other company make ultra light discs ( 125 or so grams)?

My 4 year old would get a kick out of this.  He gets really upset when I go out and play with friends and is not able to join me.  This would allow him to meet new friends possibly his age, and he would be able to get out and play.

Let me know what you all think.

Views: 308

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Our first round was a lot of fun. Unfortunately I have to cancel league for tomorrow due to the good chance of rain. Hope to see everyone next week!

ClearwaterDiscGolf.com has a section dedicated to 130 gram Discs...and plenty of 150 grammers!

Get those kids out on the Course!

When I lived in Michigan, Earl Brewer Park in Grand Rapids was packed with family activity...a line to get onto hole one with Kids everywhere. The Longer course was empty. Only Me and 2 other guys crushing and the kids all watched and loved the 400+ foot drives! Then they headed off into the woods...to learn some accuracy in those trees.

If only you guys carried ultra lite buzzz's.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968