www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

So I'm headed to the Seattle area for a wedding and I plan on playing as many courses as I have time for. My question is which course or courses should I skip and which ones are worth playing.

Tags: WA, seattle, travel

Views: 20

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The one course that is a must play is Seatac. I go up there a few times a year. They have so many course up there, I've played a diff. one every time. The one exception is Seatac. I make sure I play that EVERY time I'm up there. I've played many course on my trek up there and that's still one of my favorites in the area. I stay in the Pyullup area so these might be to far south (approx 15 to 45 min).

The others: Daliwood (prvt course, but no pay to play. Short, but very well maintained)

Riverside: Very tough, but a guide is a must. Also, can get swamped by the river. So check before you go.

White River: Another tough course, but they all seem to be up there. Easier to nav. than Riverside.

Forget the name, but it's on or right next to the Kitsap Fairgrounds. This is my distant 2nd fav. next to Seatac.

Stilicoom: Several layouts to be had. Hard to navigate. Ended up going "safari" on it. I'd play it again, with a guide!

Can't think of the others right now, but if you want more. I can call my friend who lives up there and get some more courses for you. But if you haven't figured it out by now ;) Seatac is sick! It's not a break out the driver and chuck it course. It's an, I'll use my Buzzz off the tee to set up for my 2nd shot and hope I break  bogey or double on the hole!

I LOVE IT and so will you!

Hey i live south of Seattle so i can tell you what course are worth playing.

Seatac DGC is an must play   its an long and challangeing course ,   Lakewood DGC is only 5 miles away in whitcenter Seattle this course is an old 9 hole golf course turned into an disc golf course with a lot of rolling hills and water. North of Seattle is Mont Lake Terrance an good course with length and elevation shotts they have an wicket top of the world tee.   my home course in Stielicome Ft. Stielicome is the bigist course on the west side of the mt. if you need an tour at this course give me an tex and ill show you around. there is an new course that is putting baskets in the ground in Shelton  called Shelton springs that is an par 62 with par 3s, 4's and 5s   its an great course to play an excuse to ride the ferry

The layout at riverside(sumner)has been revamped to a single 18 hole lay out plays a bit tougher but easier to find your way around. you definately want to play sea tac and  lakewood(burien about 15 mins away)  play sea tac first so you can build your confidence back up at lakewood also check out chainbangers pro shop which is near both. for the full washington expierience you can take the ferry from seattle and check out the bremerton courses fairgounds (lots of trees, tight fairways elevation changes)  nad park (super tight technical short course),and dalaiwood (the worlds coolest backyard, and another cool pro shop)down south you have fort steillicoom just south of tacoma (my home course) with 2 longhish 18 hole courses n.w.  is the more technical of the two s.e has a few  open bombers (okay steilly also has alt and pro courses that are sorta a combo of the other two) feel free to pm me with any questions 

hey, thanks guys.  I'll contact you a bit closer to my departure.  I leave on the 1st of February.
Good stuff i will be happy to show you around if i am not working or not playing team golf!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968