www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Heres my are after tearing a muscle fyi pic taken 3 weeks after

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Views: 24

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

In 2006 I was playing and on my x-step I planted in mud unbeknownst to me. As I followed through, I dislocated my left knee, and on the way down, I broke my femur. I went through a 4 hour surgery to repair the leg and was then off my feet for 6 months. It hurt. Below is a picture of myself and Mr. Crutch while I was in my immobilizer we were playing some cribbage.

pulled a thorn out of my arm last night. i have also done some tendon damage around my throwing elbow last year and strained tri-ceps this year.
Wow, i have never had any serious injuries. Just a few scratches and bruises so far. Once I was playing with two friends who hadn't played before and we were at a hole with quite a few pine trees in the middle.(#13 at the Mt. Pleasant, MI course) One friend was wearing a backwards tigers hat and standing next to the other who was throwing and all of a sudden I hear a loud THUD and look over and the thrower is holding his hand and the other guy is holding his head. Neither of them were too hurt but the guy throwing did have the MLB logo imprinted onto his hand for the rest of the round. Not a serious injury, but pretty funny.
I fell and broke my leg (tibia and fibula) teeing off on a wet dirt/grass tee in TN a couple days before Christmas last year (another slip-n-slide X-step story). I was back playing tourneys by the beginning of April.
I won this basket in a raffle, Uncle Joes Ice Bowl in WI a few weeks after breaking my leg ... so I knew my DG Karma was AOK.

Man, Mike that looks bad. How long are you going to be out? What are the locals at Parma going to do without you? BTW, did you play the Sticky Fingers at LakeShore in Sept? SHEP.
My left knee was hyper-extended during a tourney and that took me out for a good month. I have re-vamp'd my throwing style so I can start hitting the 550ft mark so now my lower back is in contant pain, but hey at least I can throw far. I dislocate my left middle finger from throwing now so everyone once in a while I have to pop it back in place.

Thats about it for me

-Eric-
Mike,
I haven't had that may disc golf injuries (knock on plastic, I would knock on wood but my discs already do too much of that) but I am happy to share them with you. Would you like to have my sprained ankle or pulled rib muscle?
Omg!! So painful looking
Stop by Carl Renda's page, he was playing a tourney last month and broke his arm throwing a thumber!!! No joke it actually broke, didnt trip and fall to brake it, or run into something, he just straight broke it by throwing a huge thumber. If you dont believe me, ask him yourself.
No sticky fingers
I was busy, wanted to go

Thanks Shep

Ill be back............

P.S The most embarassing part of the whole thing, it wasent that a 175g chunk o plastic that took me out.
Its anwsering the doctors question, "So how did you do this?"
Near the end of my first year, I hyperextended my elbow backhanding. I had to switch to sidearm because It didn't hurt as bad. Later that week, I pulled my sholdur cause my sidearm form was garbage. I had to play left handed for the next week or so before I could even attempt a regular backhand. It was a little over a month until i could backhand comfortably again and maybe two before my sholdur was good enough to sidearm and tomahawk. It would have healed much quicker but not discing on a sunny day was just not an option I considered.
Nothing serious (Thank God) Yet. Just a few minor cuts, scrapes . A few nasty cases of poison ivy( I'm really allergic). and a few years ago a stepped on a snake and got , just a black snake, should have seen it , but didn't

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968