www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Please share the one thing that has really made you a better putter. I am not looking for practice tips, resources on the web, or even what putter to use. I want to know what is it about YOUR putting routine, specificaly, that really made a difference for you.

Tags: Putting

Views: 21

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

1. Own a Basket
2. Just putt, 15-20 footers
3. Aim for a Link
4. I use my Middle finger and thumb to get a rotation when I putt
5. Don't "Sally" your shot, putt like you mean it
6. for longer putts I pretend there is a bush/shrub in front of me and I loft it over the bush/shrub
7. Practice, Practice and Practice
The thing that has helped me the most is putting a few super powerful magnets inside of my main putter.

All kidding aside practicing at least 15minutes a day really helped me make putting the best part of my game

Could you imagine the magnets though? That would be awesome.
having a basket at home and using it... use multiples of the exact same putter.... putt exactly the same way as you pratice
VISUALIZE!!!!
If you have a 20-25 ft. hallway put basket there at one end and putt all winter. When in competition imagine the hallway and block everything else out. Worked for me.
i tried a million different things until i found the right combination of movements that line up my arm, my eye, and my body. my arm does what it does naturally. my eye stays on the target. my body deals with breathing, keeping my head oriented at the basket, and my push foot. line it all up and you cant miss.
facemasking, new to me but do you mean throwing a BRICK? like in basketball when the ball slams the rim and is rejected.
I try to focus on the putter accelerating out of my hand, get the disc moving right off the bat when its still close to your gut. Its as if the putter is exploding out like a bullet.
Recently, I have been practicing more when I arrive at the course. I aim at the pole in the center and visualize what i want the disc to do and it has really helped my putting. I am hoping to get a basket soon and who knows where my game will go with that
10 or more similar putters.Starting at 15 ft. toss them the same as in rounds,after 40 or 50 move back a step and repeat
Many Thankx Donny...when are you going to visit and throw our courses???
I am a great tour guide for Cliff Stephens...Kenny Climo's home course-21 holes!

Nice!
1. A must...get a target or make a target, it does not have to catch, you just have to learn to control your putter.
2. Be golden from 20 and in-once you are not afraid of this come back putt, the long putts will go in!
3. Focus down until you get tunnel vision (within 30 seconds ppl!). Athletes call it "In the Zone".
4. Some people push with the thumb, this is where the Ju-Ju and Banger come into comfort.
5. Stick it! But you still have to die at the chains so you never have a tough come back putt. learn to stall.
6. See number 2. Work on the short putt more than the long putt and the long putt will eventually come to you!
7. In the morning, at night and inside your head. You must be able to picture yourself doing something before you can do it. Close your eyes and see yourself making the putt before actually doing it. It works. Top athletes do it.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968