www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Please share the one thing that has really made you a better putter. I am not looking for practice tips, resources on the web, or even what putter to use. I want to know what is it about YOUR putting routine, specificaly, that really made a difference for you.

Tags: Putting

Views: 23

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yeah I hear you. Your back leg acts like a counterbalance. I see a lot of guys putting short putts with thier wieght starting on thier back leg. They never actually get to that point where they are leaning forward into the putt. Once you get your head and your wieght leaning over you front foot, then you can get a smooth follow through.
Center of Gravity ... I try to feel my center of gravity and send "it" along with the disc to the desired target. This tip is one I forget to use sometimes. This tip works with all throws.

Positive affirmation ... Or whatever yeh call it. I don't have a trigger word so much but I will tell myself that I AM going to make this putt! It helps I think.

Push foot ... I ride a skateboard "goofyfoot" right foot forward. My skateboard stance is very similar to my putt stance. On longer putts 25' + I will push off with my back foot to help get that center of gravity and the disc moving with some force.
Playing 21 with a friend or two is nice, use 2 or 3 putters and the first person to 21 wins. Just get a mini and throw it at random spots and everybody shoots from that spot. We usually play that a person has to win by 2 before the game is called.
excellent idea, I've thought of the same, just need to get a basket now :P
Talk to the disc...encourage it go in!!!
I played football forever before disc golf. When I see my putt start to fail me I get into a more of linebacker stance. It helps my concentration and focus. My stance will widen, I will tighten my muscle fibers and then explode through the putt. I do take several pumps toward the basket before release. This is a feeling thing that helps clear the head. Some days/instances I may need several pumps and other days only one or two. Lastly and most importantly for me is just keeping a routine for EVERY time I putt. It really helps keep the stress low and the mind clear. We all have the physical tools to putt inside 30. It's the mind that holds us back.
echo... i'd like an echo star plastic aviar if innova makes one
I like to just Aim at the Pole with alot of Spin !!
finishing my release and straight follow through with palm up and thumb pointed to target
Take a deep breath before your routine. Don't focus too much on the wind just make a confident motion and trust your disc.
I like that, i haven't thought of that.
its on my wishlist for xmas

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968