www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

In the next couple weeks I am planning on purchasing some shoes for disc golf and was wondering if I could get some suggestions.

Views: 52

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I use Hi-Tek, there shoes have reached a level of quality and still at a price point that makes them a great value.

That said; you'll need to determine if you are mostly playing off of concrete, dirt, or grass. Trail running shoes give you great grip and are comfortable to wear on multi round days, but most don't offer water protection. Light hiking shoes do come in water resistant models and grab real well, but they can be bulky and hot on your feet. Full boots are tough as nuts, but its like wearing, well, boots.

Go to a better name sporting goods store and try em' on , try em' on, and try em' on. Good luck.

I do want water proof shoes or water resistant.
Merrell usually has something that works great for me.
Got any model suggestions?

http://www.amazon.com/Propet-Mens-Summit-Walker-Walking/dp/B002E9I7...

These are lightweight and come in regular and WIDE. I got my First Place Grandasters trophy in 'em.

They have a zipper on the side. Kinda useless so i crazy glued it and they're awesome.

THe last shoes ill ever buy for disc and general use anywhere.

columbia switchback. It is water proof, very breathable, ultra durable, omni-tech grip designed to grip rocks and so on, comes in a boot or low profile shoe style. I used them not only for disc for as my only pair of non-work shoes. They have held up hiking mountains, running around the city, and most of all playing disc without showing a single sign of wear after 5 months. They still look brand new and are holding strong. The bottoms of the shoes show no wear and tear especially in the front where other shoes get really torn up and mangled.

http://www.columbia.com/Men%27s-Swit...fault,pd.html# check out more information here. There is also a disc golf review which i found interesting none the less.

My Hi-Tec Rogue WPs say that they are waterproof but I also spray them down from time to time with Tectron. I haven't gotten wet feet with them yet but I also haven't played in any "flooding" conditions.

NF Hedgehogs, got mine online for around $100, just go to a local shoe place that offers trail shoes and try a pair on, see what size fits, then go online and order 'em up, had mine over a year and wouldnt play a round without them. Comfy and breathable in the summer, warm enough with two pairs of socks in the winter, feet dry regardless of snow, rain, whatever. Has been raining for a week here and was out yesterday playing with a group of guys at a course that has a couple notoriously muddy holes, one in particular where the basket is in a low spot and after a good rain is surrounded by 20 ft of mucky, watery mud. I trudged through the watery mess, mud almost up to my ankles, feet dry, laughing as all the other guys prance around tiptoeing throught it carefully like a band of fairy-like ballerinas. The countless times I have caught guys shaking thiers heads when encountering an unexpectedly wet area is almost as great as the sound of the squish-squish coming from thier waterlogged (and of course heavier) footwear. Every time at least ONE guy says "man this water sucks!" only to be followed by another saying "GRRR I know! which of course is always followed by me saying "yeah....sorry I don't know anything about that" which is followed by jealous glares. Do yourself a favor and get these shoes so you can enjoy these situations as much as I do....

http://www.thenorthface.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDispla...

Oh and just for reference I also live in Michigan year round so rest assured that I play in the same climates and conditions that you do...Hope this helps!

I agree! I wear the exact same shoe.
I have these : 

MEN'S HEDGEHOG GTX® XCR

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968