www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

In the next couple weeks I am planning on purchasing some shoes for disc golf and was wondering if I could get some suggestions.

Views: 49

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

word.

I've tried my share of shoes for disc golf...Merrill, Salomon, Montrail, Garmont, Keen etc...All are very high quality shoes, but all of them peel at the toe area.

So I had a gift card for Zappo's and thought I'd kind of try something diff. I ended up buying some Five-Ten "Impacts" (downhill Mountain bike shoe). Well after about eight months these things still look great! No peeling by the toe on my drag foot. The traction is crazy! Their Stealth rubber grips like no other. Saying that, there might be an issue on rubber teepads? I've played in the drizzle days of the bay area and it's like the teepads are bone dry, even dry they don't seem to be overly tacky though. I bought the high top version, so the lateral support is great!

Some possible bummers...the sole pattern is not that agressive, but traction has been no problem. They are a very thick and sturdy shoe. So some think the are cubersome, but I've had no issues with them. Since the soles are so tacky, I was worried they wouldn't last long, but the wear pattern is pretty normal.

These have been by far, the best disc golf shoe I have tried! None of the shoes I mentioned above have come close to these shoes!

They also make some hiking shoes (approach shoes). I've been trying to break in a pair, we shall see? These approach shoes are very rigid, but I'm going to give them a try. Just because of how well the Impacts worked. Also, the sole rubber is not all Stealth rubber so they are not as tacky as the Impacts. So if you play on rubber tees? that may be an option.

I give these shoes a five star rating :)

my merrils are nice. they are labled with the gortex and water proof but they still let water in. i got them at rei so i can go return them. i hope that they are just one bad pair and plan on returning them for a new pair of the same shoes. other than that issue they are great shoes, the thing i really like is that they are incredibly light wieght and comfortable.
Well went to rei and tried on a bunch of shoes. I settled with a pair of north face hedgehog 3s. They seemed to have the best fit, gortex, and vibrum soles. I also like how they have a 1 year manufacturer warenty. Time to see how they hold up on the course!
Intercept or similar models work for me.  I almost got the Chameleon but they were a lil heavy for my liking.

Salomon's Amphiban Shoes.. 

http://www.sierratradingpost.com/p/11030,96044_Salomon-Tech-Amphibi...

These bad jammers are my Summer DG shoes,  the Grey areas are mesh and sturdy as hell...  I've owned least 3 pairds of these and Highly suggest them to anyone for spring / summer / fall playing.

I won't buy Merrells again after my experience and other friends I play DG with.
I tried these on but they didn't come in my size.
YEAH! TEAM HEDGEHOG!

I am really hard on my shoes and I drag my toe on my left foot. Keens are the only shoes that i have found that hold up to that. Not the Milo disc golf shoes but their regular waterproof shoes. I love them.

I have a question to throw in here. I ate a hole in my Bites. Is there a product to re cover the toes with? All the shoes you guys have shown are awesome but The Bites were all I can afford and they held up for almost a year. The hole is on the outside on my left foot.
I have used Shoe Goo in the past. I think it works pretty good as long as there isn't already a hole in your shoe. You just reapply as it wears off.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968