www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I figured since there was an ace thread like this, I would post this.

I actually shot two bogey free rounds back to back, but it was a couple of days ago. It was cold and frozen out and the hand warmers came in real handy. The course is very easy to get 4s or 5s on but I just happened to be on one that day. I actually went 39 holes straight w/o a bogey.I had my buddy Jeremy with me that day and we ended up playing nearly 80 holes that day. I was soooo sore the next day.

I'd like to hear about other bogey free rounds.

Tags: bogey-free

Views: 22

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

i have yet to shoot a birdie free round. however, once i was travelling through atlanta and played central park around 45 min north of atlanta. i played twenty seven holes, and was bogey free through twenty six. on the twenty seventh tee pad, there is a little chunk of earth missing from under neath the carpet on the front of the tee. i stepped right there just to slip, i tried to hold on to the disc, and ended up throwing it into the baseball field to the right of the fairway. i reteed, and parked the hole with a groove. i laughed it off, but that shot was the difference between seven down and the five down that i ended up finishing with. after a circle four. all because i didn't inspect the teepad properly.
Man I wish I could dude! Ive had some outstanding rounds but always with the blemish of a bogey or more. Consistancy is a better feeling for me than hitting a ace. The ace is cool but if its followed by all pars and two bogeys...well thats not a good round of discin. Congrats! Did the fact that you were shooting so consistantly screw wuth your head or were you all Zened out?
Actually I wasn't really thinking about it till my buddy said something and that was 12 holes into the first round. I said that would be awesome to get a bogey free round. It really didn't get to me until the beginning of the third round, then on the 4th hole...I recorded a four :(

I'd have to look back at the score cards and see what I recorded in the first round. We played 4.5 rounds that day so it was a long day of discing. I may have had a few holes at the end of the first that weren't 4s, so my streak might be more than 39. Either way I was pretty happy with the consistency.

I just made sure that I focused on all my shots, regardless of lie. I did make a few big putts to save par as well.
we played today at The Pit course ..... gravel and the Brown's River ... Courtenay BC Canada .......... rough bush course .... first time my Legend buddy Blake played out there with me 4 months ago he hauled back and thru his Cheetah and bang aced # 8 dead on the mark .... today we were doing some pruning and clearing the paths and playing at the same time .... being a Legend and Old his noodle isn't as sharp as it should be and I told him as we approached 8 that " don't you remember the next hole # 8 is one you aced last time you were out here and you did it with your cheetah " ..... that so he says ... pulls out the blue cheetah and for the 2nd time in a row he Aces #8 ... not bad for 72 ...... made his whole day and we celebrated by going and getting a couple of Whoppers at BK ...... it's a simple game and we're simple folk really
SO, you didn't throw any bogeys?
I played 36 holes today and only shot 1 bogey. Feel pretty good about that.
good round wade
Bogey free on Chuck D. longs today.
CONGRATS DUDE! ! ! i'm still looking for one of these nyself
is this really that rare? i would say about 30-40% of my rounds are bogey free.
It depends GREATLY on the course. We wouldn't even think to boast about this feat on our local course in Fond du Lac, WI. On a heavily wooded course, yeah, it's a stat that makes you feel good. But I think overemphasis on "bogey-free" is a bad idea can negatively effect your game. It means you're playing to not make mistakes. Play to win, don't play to not lose.
I had a handful of bogey free rounds this year, but two stick out in my mind because of the type of rounds they were. My first bogey free round was a -6 with 2 aces in the round. (One forehand and one Backhand). Through 12 I was only -2 and hit an ace on 13 and 17 to finish at -6. I had been playing alone and caught up to a couple friends part way through and finished the round with them. Good thing I caught them because I went on to hit two aces after I caught them. The other notable bogey free round this summer was a -10 round with one ace and 8 birds. Two best rounds so far this year.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968