www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

for some of us the names and term of different shots remains a mystery to many. so Here is a nice place to help us out! ANY ADVICE WILL DO , BUT PLEASE KEEP IT POSITIVE. thnx, S

Views: 8

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It's backhand throw because your arm motion is lead by the back of your hand regardless whether the top of the disc for a righthander points left for the suitcase or right for the grenade.
a "flick" generally refers to a forehand shot. not sure if there is any other major difference.
a "spike hyzer" is when you throw and overstable disc extremely high and extremely hyzer. this is effective for shorter shots that require pinpoint accuracy (like a green that is on an island or for ob).
"flex" (and correct me if i'm wrong) is basically just an "s" shot, with the flex being the point when the disc stops it's "turn" and begins to "fade".
"tomahawks" can also be referred to as "tommys" or even "upd's" which means "upside down's".
"thumbers" are just thumbers :)

my question is, is there a name for a thumber skip or tommy skip (you know, when you throw a low or parallel to the ground thumber that skips of it's back and squibbles to the left or right?)?
Chuck Kennedy said:
It's backhand throw because your arm motion is lead by the back of your hand regardless whether the top of the disc for a righthander points left for the suitcase or right for the grenade.

You're absolutely correct. I was just trying to differentiate between the "suitcase" and a normal across the body knife hyzer (when I say "knife hyzer" I mean the same thing as Dr. Zee's "spike" hyzer).
Hyzer flip or hyzer flip up- usually refers to throwing a beat up or understable disc on a hyzer line, having it flip flat and finish to the right.

Roller - throwing a disc with good spin or snap and having it stand up on the ground and rolling towards the basket.

scooby- throwing the disc upside down having it slide on the face of the disc.

skip shot - throwing a disc hyzer angle for the purpose of skipping it off the ground.
Hyzer flip or hyzer flip up- usually refers to throwing a beat up or understable disc on a hyzer line, having it flip flat and finish to the right.

Roller - throwing a disc with good spin or snap and having it stand up on the ground and rolling towards the basket.

scooby- throwing the disc upside down having it slide on the face of the disc.

Ace - A hole-in-one.
Par - The average number of throws for an experienced player to complete a hole. Amateur par varies, pro par is generally three on any given hole. This tradition started mostly out of convenience; it makes scorekeeping much more simple.

Birdie - Completing a hole at one under par.

Tee Pad - A designated area where players begin each hole. Also known as a tee box.

Lie - The spot where a disc lands and where the next shot is taken from.

Casual - An unintended, non-permanent hazard on the course, such as collected water from a rainstorm or a pile of cleared brush. Also a reference to non-tournament players.

Mandatory or mando - A flight path which must be followed in order to complete a hole.

Pole Hole - A brand name disc golfing target, or basket. Other brands include Chainstar and DISCatcher.

Safari golf - When players make up different holes on an existing course. Ex: from hole one's tee pad to hole three's basket.

TD - A tournament director.

Taco - Term used for a warped disc which has hit a tree or other solid object at high velocity.

Sandbagger - A tournament player who competes in a division below his or her skill level.

Pancake - An overhand shot thrown with considerably less power, resulting in a 90 degree rotation from vertical. The disc generally lands face down.

Falling Putt - Failure to demonstrate full balance behind the mini marker while putting. Players cannot step on or in front of the mini marker when putting within 10 meters until demonstrating full balance.

Worm burner - A shot which is released lower than intended and/or at a downward angle, resulting in a premature landing.

skip shot - throwing a disc hyzer angle for the purpose of skipping it off the ground.
I am little umm foggy this mornin' ;)_ sorry, but is there a difference between a gernade and a thumber?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

2014 ACE RACE PLAYER PACKS ?

Posted by James Banevicz on November 23, 2014 at 4:41pm

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968