www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I don't see why not other than they're really expensive.
Mark - I expect a completely comprehensive answer.

Tags: pants, snow, winter

Views: 78

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Do you do a lot of kneeling on the fairway? I find that I do that pretty often, especially when i find myself next to a tree with over hanging branches in my way. This is the only reason i can see having water proof outerwear (Leggings). I have a pair of Snowboard pants, but never thought of using them for this sport. I have to agree though the bulkiness of them would/could cause me to fail a shot. I would have to agree that the tighter the leggings are the better. As far as warmth is concerned, I use long underwear, and jeans. If I gotta kneel i kneel on my putter. It's true though, there is nothing worse then wet clothes on the course in the winter especially in Michigan weather. I play in Ann Arbor and a Northwest wind sucks balls!
I have been wearing Koch XC pants for the last 12 years. They are specifically made for cross country skiing, so they are warm, wind protective, and are snug sround the ankles (with zippers). They also allow for an incredible range of motion. You can wear a liner/inner layer for super cold days, but single handedly the best I've ever worn. They are available at Sporthill.com and run around 100.00. I have had the same pair all these years, and the only problem was I had to replace a zipper on the pocket.
Hope that helps.
Sheila
When I lived in Minnesota and Iowa, I lived in my Burton snowboard jacket. It was extremely lightweight and very durable. It braved temps well below zero with only a regular shirt beneath. I wore it for 8 years and I still have it. However, there is not much call for that here in So Cal. It was a very expensive purchase (even on sale), but well worth every single penny. If I could have afforded lightweight snow board pants, I would have bought those too. I simply wore cheap nylon wind pants and wore long undies with jeans underneath.

Another pricey item that is well worth it is a pair of Rocky Gortex Socks. A pair of those with a pair of wool socks on top kept my feet warm and dry on even the slushiest of days. I did wear boots when the snow was deep, but otherwise I could wear tennis shoes with this set up. Remember, dry is another word for warm. Cause if your feet get wet, you will definitely be cold.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968