www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I threw a cyclone ESP last Sunday and it went off a tree and about 20 feet into the water.  During the summer I would have not thought twice about going in after it but it was 25 degrees out and 3 inches of snow on the ground and it was the hole furthest away from my car.  It wasn't worth the 15$ disc to go into the water.  I was thinking about getting a Golden Retriever .  has anyone used it before and is it worth it.  Thanks

Tags: Golden, Retriever, disc, diver, lost, water

Views: 22

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I got it from Marshall street, DGC did not have the 150 Z flicks in I think I am going to put in an order next week to DGC to try them out. Sun king told me today that the cyclone I ordered a month ago did not come in and should be there the first week in January.  this is after I ordered it when it was in stock on Dec 2nd then they told me it would be in the 8th then the 15th after that the 21st.  I was going to give them one last chance since they have corrected their errors in the past.  They were supposed to put the retriever on the site for me to order today and didn't .
I wish they did that with DISCS!! THAT WOULD BE SWEEEET!
Good call!  Just bought one last week haven't used it yet but my friend with one saved me at least $50
So, bottom line here is whether or not you can handle a Golden
Retriever...as your swinging it...if you can't let go at the right
moment and it keeps smacking you in the forehead...than It probably
wasn't for you.

They are the best thing you could have in your bag when there is water around... I have saved many of my disc's and even more friends disc's!

I am sold out on them for the most part, but I do have 5 pink ones... $20 each if anyone wants one message me.

I bought one a few years ago. I thought it was expensive for what it is, but it has saved me hundreds over time. I carry mine whenever I play a course with water hazards. I've noticed that it has a little trouble grabbing the disc on craggy rock bottoms, but works perfectly on concrete, gravel, sand, weeds, mud, etc. It is almost a "must" that you have visual contact of your disc. Going "blind fishing" is possible I guess, but the golden retriever is extremely alignment sensitive. I have seen many people carrying aluminum extension poles with either hooks or suction cups on the end which work fine, but have limited distance and look cumbersome to carry around. The golden retriever has no distance limits other than how far you can throw it and it is very small, lightweight, and compact to carry around.

Please secure the "dead end" of the line to yourself before you toss, otherwise, you're a double loser. I actually saw a guy do that and he ended up going into the water to fetch the retriever and his disc.

Darn, I don't know anyboby saw me do that!

Yes you should buy one.

I tied a snap on the end of the line so I can hook it on to my belt so I don't throw the whole retriever in.

The only problem is that you need to be able to see the disc because you need to pull the retriever dead center over the disc.

Pretty much if I can see taht disc I can get it on the first try 90% of the time, every once in a while it takes two throws if I do not have the string clear fro weeds or other things it might hook on. Great device! You can also hit them out of trees, pull them off roof's and other things with this thing!
Just Ordered it and a 150 z flick, and champ beast  should get it at the end of next week. Thanks for all the feedback made my decision easy

Prefer Boxers!

Super worth it...if youi can see the disc, my home course is merky water so it's damn near impossible to tell where your disc is at, but if the water has visibility the defiantly get one you will not be dissappointed. :)

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968