www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Views: 10

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

never in a tourny, only for fun in a local game.
Only when they are paid for and the money goes towards a charity. Not in a sanctioned event though.
agree wiht Joe. These are for specific tournies and thats it!
I dont throw mullies. A lot of people I know do. I guess they get extra practice by throwing a few extra times on each shot. It makes the round last longer (tourney or casual).
I usually have bad luck in that when I try a second shot, it ends up in a worse spot than the first. So I end up having to do some extra walking or I may even lose track of where the disc went & I lose it (arggg).
I pretty much stick to one throw.
Sometimes I might make an extra throw.. usually if I was debating what shot to throw and the first didn't turn out well.

That being said I always play the first throw anyway, and pick up the second disc as I go by. This is only while I'm out practicing.
Same here.
Only where allowed !!
Quote from the artice: "Using a mulligan can completely change the outcome of a game and also give you results that are not real."

which is why i never use them, they aren't allowed in PDGA rounds, so I never use them in casual rounds. I may throw an extra shot to satisfy my own curiosity (if no one is on the hole, or waiting for me) but I never play the shot out as my "shot." I find, most of the people that like use mulligans in casual rounds are amatures that don't really take teh sport seriously. Not that there is anything wrong with that, but as you play the game longer, you have a better understanding and appreciateion for the rules and straight competition.
Seen guys use them during the Ice Bowls , where they sell them for $ 1.00 each for charity.
Charity mullies in an ice bowl are ok in my book! But only because it's for charity
We have them($1 Max 2 per round)) once a month or so in our weekly league. The money goes to course improvements so I think most of the guys are ok with it. I can understand some of the arguments against them(develops bad habits, I feel I have to use them to win, etc.........) but we only have them at most once a month and the money is helping the course.

Cam
ditto.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968