www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Someone bounced out at leagues during a playoff a few weeks ago. The ace pot was relatively large at over 200 dollars. We were debating if he would have recieved the ace pot if it stayed in. If that had stayed should the player receive the ace pot? yes or no?

Views: 6

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

1st Place Playoffs only...the round continues and the ace pot should be open for these players (there may be more than one!).
These rules need to be established before the round starts!!!
An Ace is an Ace...if it is hit during competitive play, you must pay out.
A playoff is a continuation of competitive play, not casual or practice.
PAY THE ACE!
Leagues are different than say Singles or Doubles Tournament play. However , if it is agreed upon before play starts , then all is good !!!!
Here is the simple rule I would use:

If I hit the playoff ace, it counts...pay me...

I somebody else hits it, too bad...
jim i read all your stuff because youre so silly.i did read your mando complaint,players job is to just play let the director instruct and you follow.dont tell me youre the guy who doesnt take a stroke when he goes OB,or when youre up in tree.oh ya nice ace bummer about the volvo.
I thought the up in a tree thing was no longer in play? At least thats the word on the street. Let me know if I am wrong on that.
As for the Ace, I would say game is over when round ends, to me that means when you turn in your score card. If there is a play off for a tie, well it does not seem right for everyone else.

But as was said before, it would be a good idea to cover that before hand... then it is what it is and no one can say anything about it...
Yes, its still a part of the round. Counts for sure.
Harold, I doubt that you have read a single thing that I have posted because all that you do is keep putting words in my mouth and now you are going to accuse me of cheating. You are an idiot.

I have been playing disc golf since 1995 at my present course (Cottonwood) here in Colorado Springs. I am in charge of the Thursday league (that means I could call random mandos if I wanted). The mando that I was discussing in my post was also a random mando that a friend (he runs Wednesday league) had come up with. On that day the ace pool was probably around $500 and his mando was taking away my ace run line. How does that in any way have anything to do with the rules. The rules are in the rules book. Mandos are created by people. Big difference.

And if you think that I'm getting a little bit PO'd by your endless accusations, you are correct.

BTW, this thread is about collecting the ace pool money during a playoff and yes we do play that it would count. That is our rules (my friend and I who run the league) and if you are not happy with those rules then don't come to our league. We have had no complaints about said rule BTW.

My apologies to anyone else who had to relive my musings about mandos. Those are my personal opinions and everyone reserves the right to disagree completely. However, I refuse to allow others to personally attack me and accuse me of cheating. That is very low handed. Harold, I follow the rules of the game. End of story.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968