www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

With the recent losing of the RED HAWK course at Plantation INN, Crystal River Fl. should the PDGA have an investigation about this incident? Should they then punish the people responsible for such actions which occured at this years Players Cup? Is it not the duty of the PDGA to uphold the image of a sport that some of us want to see grow and develop? YES< YES< YES> What would you do? Are you just the casual player or do you travel to many events in your state or further? Shed some light on this subject and show me the other side that I could be missing.

Views: 27

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

dont toke at the majors, or in any other situation that might give our sport a bad name in anyones opinion (the public eye). do it in the woods where no one can see you. be smarter than that, bottom line!
As far as this situation goes give whoever was involved a slap on the wrist, if provable, make it public to show that our sanctioning body does not condone it. as far as the course goes it sounds like this was just thier out to oust the dg comunity from thier country club. one less oh well 100 more will be put up this spring, a small set back. very few outside the sport will hear of this as i am a big discgolfer and just now hearing about it months after the fact. as a genrelization own your shit, dont act a fool, till its legal keep it hidden. shit like this is why the old farts in power dont want it legal. destruction of property is a crime no matter what. attach it to pot smokers and it makes pot smokers look bad. attach them both to disc golfers and we are moving the wrong direction. and thats what they want!
i dont smoke but know people that do, friends even, i know that weed alone didnt cause this, more than likely it was due to alchool. either way the people against us dont care its a reason and a way to bad mouth us to others, dont give them that oppertunity.

lets keep this train on the tracks, the public is just starting to get aboard, let them like us. do what you want on your time.

ps: im all for the decriminalization/leagleization. far to many pot related crimes filling our courts, jails, and police reports. we spend billions a year fighting it. when the tax alone from leagelization wouild flip our economy around.....god knows we need that.

keep hukin, but do it with class. that s my 2 cents
here's my question.. there is a rule against smoking weed during competition play.. if people ignore that whats to say that they are even standing behind their discs when they throw? or that their score is correct? see you just can't pick what rules you want to follow and what ones you don't. if they blatenly break one rule then whats to stop them from breaking more of them.. if you must smoke smoke before the round and maybe during the lunch break... or wait until you leave...
Please continue to keep this discussion civil folks. We really, really appreciate it.
I agree that it's going to come down to he said...she said.. but ..HE said.. stuff. I agree that it's making the image of disc golf look bad but how much I want to believe that when it gets public... DG is still going to have that stereotype. I think that the hotel not taking action speaks a lot on them not wanting to hold a disc golf event on their land... enough said. As other people stated. It's one down but 100 more are going to be added. In my opinion, I think that the PDGA needs to take a stand on whoever was involved. If it's a suspension of some sort.. EVEN with top pro's if they were involved. A top pro suspended and out of a couple tourney's would really send the message that the PDGA doesn't care who you are.. Break the rules.. be the example. You can smoke or do whatever but do it in your car.. YOUR space.. out at lunch break, not at a Major.
As someone relatively new to the sport....does this seem to be a major problem at Disc Golf courses everywhere? I've only played at a handfull of courses around my area and really hadn't noticed.
yes it is, buts it something people just need to be smarter about.

Nathan said:
As someone relatively new to the sport....does this seem to be a major problem at Disc Golf courses everywhere? I've only played at a handfull of courses around my area and really hadn't noticed.
Hmmmmm.........in that case I'll have to make sure to warn people before they come and play the course I'm working on! (hahaha) WIth it being at a Youth camp that would be something that would be frowned upon for sure! Alcohol isn't allowed there either! Guess I'll have to promote it as a "Family Friendly" Disc Golf Course!
there you go good idea. i think all courses should be family friendly

Nathan said:
Hmmmmm.........in that case I'll have to make sure to warn people before they come and play the course I'm working on! (hahaha) WIth it being at a Youth camp that would be something that would be frowned upon for sure! Alcohol isn't allowed there either! Guess I'll have to promote it as a "Family Friendly" Disc Golf Course!
Ignorance is the main issue at hand here. Being that the Players cup is a pro only event I am sure some of those pro's partook in the activities listed above. I know smoking weed is illegal but the fact is that is happens in our sport and every where else as well. CEO's of company's, your manager at work, your parents perhaps, butt load's of NBA players :), the list goes on and on. The real issue is the people who where partaking in these activities where ignorant and got caught and that ruined it for everyone else. I honestly agree with the hotel and the management staff there, if people are going to be rude and break the law and rules at your place of business then grow some ball's and kick them out!!!!
Just my two cents
If staff members of the PDGA were as guilty as the players in question I doubt any investigation would be meaningfull. I personally have no idea what happened, so I'm not accusing anyone here. But I dont see how the PDGA could turn around public perception of what has transpired.

I believe that even if the PDGA were to implode and another organization were to rise from its ashes they would still have to contend with the public perception problem. Which is pretty much, flying frisbee's = hippies = reefer madness. Sadly this will not change in my lifetime no matter how hard its fought.
the quick answer IMO is no....I feel for all the locals who have had their beloved course pulled though......this thread is quickly heading into the ganja v.non-ganja thread and there isn't enough soapboxes to pass around!
Im glad i have the choice of PDGA tour and a non-PDGA tour events to choose from

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968