www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

With the recent losing of the RED HAWK course at Plantation INN, Crystal River Fl. should the PDGA have an investigation about this incident? Should they then punish the people responsible for such actions which occured at this years Players Cup? Is it not the duty of the PDGA to uphold the image of a sport that some of us want to see grow and develop? YES< YES< YES> What would you do? Are you just the casual player or do you travel to many events in your state or further? Shed some light on this subject and show me the other side that I could be missing.

Views: 26

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

As we know, not everyone is good at decision making when they are intoxicated. This reminds me of sanctioned tournament play when a player will call out someone that they do not know who is breaking a rule , but when it is someone from their club or click they will turn the other cheek and ignore it. I think when you have people in the same click at one location it becomes harder to police each other. It is hard to call the hotel management or police on your friends but really there should have been anonymous phone call made to one or the other by either other players or the hotel to take care of these issues.
This horse is so dead. We are a diverse group. Its hard to make others behave properly.What could the PDGA do that would help?
Just move the tourney somewhere where the smell of marijuana is no big deal...say Jamaca?...Oregon?...Hawaii?
DAMMIT!!!! I'm not the most innocent Dger out there...but I do know how to respect my surroundings...these are the main reason's why DG is not flowing in the mainstream yet...
Personally, I don't like to have to smell pot or be around Discers who are smoking it while on the course. I often take my wife and child to the courses and they do not need to be exposed to that. You are in violation not only of rules (Courtesy) but also federal rules. If you are playing a tournament and found to be smoking pot on te course you should be DQed without question. A 2nd time bann them from tournaments for a year. If it happens 3 times then I would say banned from all future PDGA sactioned events. I am out there as much to have fun as the next guy, but seriously destruction of courses, hotel property, and pot smoking on the course are all reasons why Disc Golf is not a major sport.

I would like to see the sport continue to progress in its development. Incidents such as this that hinder the development should be dealt with harshly. I work towards promoting the game as I would hope everyone on this site would, but you are going to have your bad apples. It is those apples we need to squash and throw into the compost so that we can have some good ripe competition in the future.

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968