www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Vibram has the ascent and the trak two of what i would consider longer range fairway drivers but what I'm wondering is am I the only Vibram nut who would love to see them come out with a long range distance driver?????

Views: 638

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I will second that emotion! I use my Ascents for the tightest fairways on the courses I play and they hold an awesome tight line through them. 

http://www.vibramdiscgolf.com/discs.html

Here is the link to the different Vibram discs page. The Obex...another mid range is in testing right now. 

yes they do

do you have a Trak and if so what is it like------ I justed order one the other

I love the Trak! I have the full line of Vibram discs as I am a bit of a fanatic, but I also shot my lowest round ever playing with only Vibrams in my bag. Where the Ascent is more for shots you want to fade left on, the Trak is more for your shots that you want to play to the right. I find it to be dead on accurate on whatever line I put it on...hyzer..anhyzer, etc. Both discs are great off the tee...I highly recommend!

thanks can't wait to throw it------ I was thinking of doing a Vibrams bag ----- the Ascent is so easy to throw even for my old noodle arm

Yeah, I am 41, out of shape, and have only been playing for seven months. Early on I was introduced to Vibram and they upped the quality of my game significantly. I might get out driven right now by my younger, fitter friends. But, they are hard pressed to match my putting or up shots...most of which are done with my Vibrams. Just so very easy to throw and so accurate...

I'm 51 I play with my sons you  are 33 and 28 and their friends they can out drive me but they have no touch on up shots they all get mad when I put my disc next to the basket

whats in your bag for some idea if I make a bag

thanks

Yep, same for me. Not saying all young guys have no touch...but, I remember being young and every sport I played it was more about being powerful and ripping whatever sports ball, disc, etc. we were playing with...than using finesse. Plus, I am still content to make sure I get par then to go hard for the birdie and risk overshooting the basket. 

But, my bag changes pretty regularly. But, I always like to have at least two Ascents in the bag - firm and medium, 2 Trak's - firm and medium, 2 Ibex - firm and medium, 3 Ridges - firm, medium, and soft...I use the Ridge not only for putting, but it makes a great mid range disc and driver on shorter holes. And, I always keep one Summit - right now firm, A Sole - medium, and a VP - soft - in the bag. 

The other ten discs in the big are a nice mix of some blizzard drivers, a flx ss buzz, a surge, and some other drivers. 

I only putt with Vibram putters and my furthest made putt was with a firm ridge at over 40 feet. 

thanks,two days of throwing the Trak and it still fades left.Granted,it could be my throwing and the weight is heavier than I normally throw.However,it stays in the bag for those lefty hyzer shots.Lands and basically stays put wothout any roll,skip.

thinking about that and one putter.

well,guess I'm the "old guy" @ 60.throw a mixed bag:Innova,Discraft,Discmania,Latt64,ABCDiscs,RipDisc,recent added the Trak by Vibram.Might be how I'm throwing and an old arm,haha.Short game will make one happy.Old school guy that still enjoys the fun aspect,never to old to learn tricks.

Object/target thrower from the early 60's,first frisbee was a Pluto Platter in '57..

Might have to look into this line of discs.the Ascent & Ridge will be the next 2.

Sooner then later with the Sarasota AM's tourney next in line around the end of May.

Practice..practice.

Thanks Norm for the input,you also Don.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968