www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Vibram has the ascent and the trak two of what i would consider longer range fairway drivers but what I'm wondering is am I the only Vibram nut who would love to see them come out with a long range distance driver?????

Views: 642

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I would lean towards saying no, with the market being slammed with new long range bombers. I would like to see at least one company work on the disc that get you the bird putts, Mids and Fairway drivers. I think Vibram has the perfect plastic to attack that market.

i dont think they can. They have to put their emblem on top of the disc wich slows them down to fairway drivers.

I am not the most scientifically inclined, but my gut tells me the vibram logo is not significantly slowing the discs down.

I have played many times with an all Vibram bag and have shot my lowest scores doing so. The Ascent and Trak are getting me some very good drives and are so accurate that I am normally in a great spot for my second shot.

And, the Ibex is a great mid! I find whatever line I launch it on, it holds that line very well. And, I only carry Vibram putters. The soft putters are amazing in accuracy and very limited roll away if I hot the crown, for example. 

And, a shout out to the Ridge, for being an awesome all purpose disc. I use it as a mid as well as primary putter. I use the soft for putting and the medium for longer puts and mid shots. 

One of the other things I really love about these discs is the opportunity to get them in different firmnesses. I am learning what each firmness does differently for me with how I throw. And, I am super excited for the Obex to come out to compliment the Ibex! Can't wait to throw one. 

But, I have purchased around 35 Vibrams by now and am a huge fan. And, the more I work with them, the further I am throwing them, while still keeping their bang on accuracy. So, I say Steve and company keeping doing what they are doing and I am sure they will continue to gain more market share as they win over new customers!

I believe I already heard they are working on a high speed overstable driver.

Recent tourney this past Sunday,Vibram Trak was one of the discs in the players package.Although I only threw this disc during warm up in the adjacent soccer field prior to play,I was impressed with the straight distance with slight fade to the left at end.It's going to find a place in the bag.

Is all Vibram Plastic as sticky as there putters and mids? I don't think I personally would want to buy one of their drivers if it was. I like almost ALL of my drivers to be able to get some form of skip, or flare, at the end of its flight. I don't hink a Vibram Driver would do that all the well, as Sticky as the plastic is.... I may be wrong.... ;)

I have been considering trying a couple Vibram discs...

I have heard that they don't change very much after they are purchased.

Also heard their molds/firmness are very consistant (if I buy a 2 really soft summits, they will be nearly the same). Can anyone on hear confirm or deny this?

Hi ED I was thinking of getting one what weight is it

hey Don;weight.175

fade: 8

speed:50/450

turn:9

nice feel,not too rubbery.

I don't think that the trak is sticky at all,this might change during the summer months here in SWFL.Stable to understable,fade right per the vid they have on their site.As mentioned earlier,I found it to fade left.This might be just the way I'm throwing.Check out their site,informative.

Have had the Trak now for just 3 days,work has kept me away from the course.Hope to remedy this on Thursday.

Might not be the worst money spent,then again it was in our player package.We did have our choice to pick what disc we wanted.Like the feel,not sticky in this model..Check out their site,vids accompany the model chosen.

I have 37 Vibrams, basically wanted each disc in all of the different firmnesses. And, they are very consistent across the board. For example, my extra firm VP and soft VP feel and look the same except for the firmness...the same nice bead on the bottom, the same round edge, etc. And, as to keeping their shape - first of all, they do - I have slammed them into trees, etc. and where my other discs come away with dings...not my Vibrams. 

There is actually a great durability video on youtube with them. And, I don't know if he was being serious or joking, but I have heard that Steve Dodge said you can put a Vibram disc in the microwave for short time and it will regain its shape...have not tried that yet... 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968