www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

you know what to do.

Tags: dye, home

Views: 1272

Replies to This Discussion

ok, dyed the top tonight... not perfect, but better than it was! had some bleed off on one side.. :( live and learn!

old top:

new top:

Pretty much all my latest stuff is done with my plotter. All my work can be found here
http://www.myspace.com/acidye
Just started dyeing. They're in reverse order. Latest on top and first on bottom. More to come soon. ;)
Attachments:

still learning
My most recent projects. I particularly like the clown. the dogfish lettering was a pain to cut.
Attachments:
one more. I want to believe...
Attachments:
Few More of mine I really Like the Lion it is on a 2005 Glow Roc Looks killer Glowing Tried to get a picture but my camera isn't good enough

Hey everyone... I am new to dyeing and am trying to learn new techniques. Let me know what you think... these are in order from oldest to newest, top to bottom.

This is my first one. Gateway Spirit (Peach-Clear Evolution)

The Deathly Hallows!! Gateway Wizard (Orange-Clear Evolution)

Iron Man! Innova Sidewinder (Champion)

Ugh... so many things went wrong with this one. I had glue around the edges to add a little bit of a tie dye effect, but this is the older version of Gatway's Evolution plastic, not the HPP stuff used in my first two dyes. It wouldn't take the dye readily so i cranked up the heat... which melted the glue. Also, I forgot to peel a piece of masking under the N.

Now here is another "old" evolution plastic... but it took the dye just fine. It was actually an X-Out Gateway Wizard. There were several phases to this... first the black, red, orange for the mushroom, remask the mushroom, glue around the mushroom, blue. I should have stopped after the blue, but then I decided to do yellow-orange after peeling the glue off... meh... the yellow orange bunched to the bottom right of the mushroom leaving "freckles"

Another X-Out, this one is a Gateway Voodoo. I really do like Gateway's EHPP plastic for dyeing. Anyways the original plan was to dye the background black and to mask the X-Wing. But when i tried to use masking tape to transfer the little islands, it was a mess... I had to do a lot of patchwork to save the stencil, but in the end i think it worked out.
pro destroyer

I really like seein people trying different techniques to add different textures to discs! I did a similar technique with my gears of war disc!
i just dipped a tooth brush in red and flicked it in the same way you'd use a spoon to fling mashed potatoes at your little sister. my wife said she would have done it differently to get more of a drippy look, she said that would look more real... i think it looks better the way i did it. but it got me thinking what if i had leaned the disc against something instead of laying (lying?) it flat, would that have been enough to get a splatter and drip. something to try some other time.
I think that could be a cool effect as well I think! I use lots of different things from brushes, cotton swabs, sponges, glue, and different consistencies of dye. I like tryin to mimic a texture that I see, old paper / concrete (which looks more like a marble) are some that i've done so far

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968