www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

When you and your friends or league are playing do you make it interesting. Here we like to play for skins. Then little bonus stuff like;
Collect $1 from every player in the group for metal hits from the tee.
Collect $10 from every player in the group for an ace.
Then on the bad side;
Pay every player in the group $1 if you fall down during play.
Pay every player in the group $5 if you get a black ace.

Well, are any of these sound familiar, or do you have some others to add to the list?

Tags: ace, bets, black, every, money, pay, player, side

Views: 25

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Around these parts we have "51" in effect - pay a buck if someone hits basket or higher on the drive, and $5 for an Ace.

Another standing side bet: if your drive lands on someone else's, you buy them a Forty. If your upshot does the same, pay a beer (and in either case if you slide under the other, you collect)

With my southern playing buds, we have a standing $10 ace pool for holes under 300 feet, and $20 for the long ones.
at our local course we play skins $2 a hole.

the way it works is every hole everyone puts in $2 and the winner of the hole wins $8(if 4 players) to win a hole you must get the lowest score on that hole. If two people tie for the hole then the money jackpots for the next hole to $16 and so on.

Also at the end of the round the person who comes in with the lowest score also gets $2 from everyone. We normally play over 9 holes so it cost $20 each and if you end up having a good day you can walk out $60 up.

good fun should try it. It is also good practice for tournament play as you feel that pressure once the pot jackpots to like $32.
Oh yeah! We play $1 per hole skins for 18 holes, plus $1 for ace pot, and $1 for a ctp hole that we choose. Usually on sundays we can get 5-8 players or more at my friends private course and we all play together so the pot can push easily 5 or more holes. I have walked with over $100 before! It is always fun!

AuS-Discgolfer said:
at our local course we play skins $2 a hole.

the way it works is every hole everyone puts in $2 and the winner of the hole wins $8(if 4 players) to win a hole you must get the lowest score on that hole. If two people tie for the hole then the money jackpots for the next hole to $16 and so on.

Also at the end of the round the person who comes in with the lowest score also gets $2 from everyone. We normally play over 9 holes so it cost $20 each and if you end up having a good day you can walk out $60 up.

good fun should try it. It is also good practice for tournament play as you feel that pressure once the pot jackpots to like $32.
Mostly Black Aces come from poor shots, not a poor layout. Some holes will be near each other.

J.W.I. said:
If you drive at a basket and throw it in the wrong one, A) You're perhaps confused, and B) The course is set up rather poorly, isn't it?

Mike said:
Black Ace is if you Throw your drive from the tee and put it in the wrong basket.
wayne durb said:
sounds like fun, but my friends are to cheap. what is a black ace?
How about buck buck buck, Buck front nine, buck back nine and a buck overall. tyes go to the overall or if your really serious $5.00 per. Also we pay $5.00 ace,$1.00 metal and .25 for cheap metal (pole).
David Fultz said:
How about buck buck buck, Buck front nine, buck back nine and a buck overall. tyes go to the overall or if your really serious $5.00 per. Also we pay $5.00 ace,$1.00 metal and .25 for cheap metal (pole).

!#$%^&*())(*&^%$#@!@#$%^&*()(*&^%$#@#$%^&*()_(*&^%$#@

Buck, buck, buck is also called "chicken golf".

I have to admit I am a bit disappointed in all this talk of money and betting. What about the purity of the game? Playing for personal honor and self-fulfillment? And just how do I get invited to these big money games??
We usually collect $5 from each player for an ace and pay $2 to each for a black ace. The side bet I like is you have to pay everyone in you group $1 if you miss a putt within 20'.
That's rough... possibly brutal.

Chas Ford said:
We usually collect $5 from each player for an ace and pay $2 to each for a black ace. The side bet I like is you have to pay everyone in you group $1 if you miss a putt within 20'.
My buddy and I will play a fun game sometimes where whoever gets the most deuces buys "beverages" the next time we get to play. It is a lot of fun to put runs on everything to try and get the 2.
Mark, reading your post, I just knew that the last line was going to bring you back true to form, and I was right.

Now, back to the regularly scheduled program.

DOTS! The first I heard of it was from Bob Huston, a long-time MI resident. Whoever gets the most dots wins.
This game rewards those who aaaaaalmost got their putting going. If you hit basket or above on a birdie shot, but it doesn't go in, you get a dot. If it was an eagle shot (usually an ace run), but doesn't stay, you get 2 dots. No dots if the putt goes in - that is its own reward. Easy to note on the scorecard. Add em up at the end of the round.

Some of the skins I read I think are not actually side bets, but are the money game itself. A side bet, IMO, is a bet that does not materially affect ones game. If you are playing skins, that will definitely affect your medalist game. A good side bet is one you make that will reward a well-played round for the "normal" event. The only skins side bet I would think would be blind skins, that is, with someone outside your group, where, after the round, you compare your hole-by-hole scores, starting at hole 1, and figure out who wins what skins based on the comparison of those scores.
Mark, your welcome up here anytine.

mark ellis said:
yeah, we play 51 also. $5 ace $1 metal (basket and up, pole doesn't count) but we also play $1 a hole skins, with no carry over. about to start a sudden death type thing it's in the works

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968