www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

What is a good sidearm driver? Right now my main driver is a 173g Wildcat Elite Z that, on a good throw, goes 350+

Views: 20

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

thats about the first time i ever heard a dis from a disc golfer regarding throwing technique - what a drag - just as an FYI - Scott Stokely used to throw over 500 in the air sidearm, so I guess that would qualify as lame, too?
Yeah but there is a basic truth behind Jeremy Rogers dis (which I took as a friendly jab). We live in a righty backhand hyzer world. That shot is the most common in the game and easiest to control for most players.

I went to forehand because I had no choice. I blew out a knee and chose not to retire.

The forehand is much more difficult to master. The margin of error is much smaller and really difficult into a headwind. It is a better complimentary shot than primary shot but some of us happen to be forehand dominant so it our best chance at success.

I think everyone should learn the forehand because there are times when it is the only realistic option (unless the player is ambidextrous). If you have to use then you should practice it. So it sort of like a roller or an overhead, there are times when it is the best or only option so it is worth learning to do well.
Jeremy thinks you should man up on that whole blown out knee thing and just throw backhand!

lol..

Honestly there are a lot of players with certain sports backgrounds that just find it easier and more consistent to throw backhand. I sure as hell don't think anyone should be telling them to "man up" when "manning up" would only make them worse players..

Hell, there are people who throw primarily overhand. Good players, too. Do they need to man up also?

It's all about finding your own personal style.. Dissing others' way of going about things is just lame.
for the short but exorbitant time I've been playing, about a year, trial and error shaped a forehand throw for about 95% of what i throw. I 'm 6+ tall med build. I haven't tried a lot of discs but I'll definately be picking up some of the recomendations I've read here, I drive mostly with pro and dx wraiths in various age and use. If i need a disc to turn sooner I'll either use a newer pro wraith, destroyer, boss...or if i need it to turn in even quicker a flick. Mid shots I throw buzzs and they're very acurate for me.
yeah i know what you mean mr ellis - i was just kind of kidding back :) - i don't do the hater thing
Star Boss 174gm.

*Fasted Stable disc on the market
*Best Innova plastic grip
*Handles maximum speed snaps
*Preditable fade at the end
*Ideal for low-medium headwinds
*Crazy distance S-anhyzers

Throw into the lower 400+s.
i wouldn't mind being ambidextrous so that way i wouldn't have to throw forehand, but since i'm not and my anhyzer is pretty much non existent, i throw forehand and it works pretty good also i use a 166g wraith
Innova= x-cal all the way Discraft=FORCE this thing added 50 ft to any of my best throws with an x-cal

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968