www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

What is a good sidearm driver? Right now my main driver is a 173g Wildcat Elite Z that, on a good throw, goes 350+

Views: 29

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The sidearm shot generates more power and snap than a backhand throw. (generally)
Most players have to throw a disc that is overstable to counter some of that spin and power.
Two of the most popular discs for this shot in my area are the Champion FireBird and the Z flick.
Joe G absolutely swears by the Star TeeRex for his sidearm shot and it works perfectly for him.
No matter how much power and snap he puts on it, it is guaranteed to come back to the right because it is so overstable.
Other popular overstable drivers are Max, Monster, Banshee, Viper, Whippet and the XCaliber.

Depends on the shot usually. For early turn I like the Firebird, less distance and forsure stability. for longer distance I step up with a Force, Teerex, or a destroyer. But for maximum crushing distance the Groove is one bad boy you can put a long way.

Joe,

Come over to my side of town one day and I can let you throw the entire Discraft line to see which works best for you.

It is hard to judge a disc based on what it does for someone else. Your individual power, form and flutter will all affect how a disc works for you.

248-505-3568
Wow - does that offer apply across the board?

just kidding. :)
Here is the best answer yet!
Go hang with Mark Ellis and test fly Discs.
I recommend this remedy!
Mark you just became my new best friend if the offer is open to anyone. Lol! Either way you still rock. Oh when is the next clinic? Wish i would have known about the distance clinic.
siidearm throwers are lame, man up and back hand that *****
Sure, the offer is open to anyone, even you. :) No kidding.
Wow, that would be great. Im going to do my best to make it out. Any particular day that you usually go out?
for the short but exorbitant time I've been playing, about a year, trial and error shaped a forehand throw for about 95% of what i throw. I 'm 6+ tall med build. I haven't tried a lot of discs but I'll definately be picking up some of the recomendations I've read here, I drive mostly with pro and dx wraiths in various age and use. If i need a disc to turn sooner I'll either use a newer pro wraith, destroyer, boss...or if i need it to turn in even quicker a flick. Mid shots I throw buzzs and they're very acurate for me.
I throw backhand myself. The name of the game, though, is "whatever works for you".

I bet Mr. Ellis would mop the floor with you. :)

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

2014 ACE RACE PLAYER PACKS ?

Posted by James Banevicz on November 23, 2014 at 4:41pm

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968