www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Sign the 2016 O L Y M P I C Disc Golf Petition

Let's show the International Olympic Committee that we are here and we want to get Disc Golf looked at to be included in the 2016 Summer Olympic Games. Click on http://www.petitiononline.com/discgolf/ ........... to sign the petition. Also cut and paste and send to all you email weblist disc golfing buds ........ it would be great to have 2000+ signatures from around the world. Even Barack endorses it!

Views: 6

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

any pdga members out there ?? how about going on their forum and adding the petition website to their discussion board ......... we need to reach more discers ........ thanks ......... http://www.petitiononline.com/discgolf/
I will sign right now. Thanks for the effort.
i don't think disc golf will be in the olympics for a long long time. everyone mentioning ping pong being an olympic sport as a reason disc golf should already be doesn't understand that game. so many countries have table tennis in every school/ every gym etc. and its been that way for a long time. we (the US) have about the least participation in the sport when compared with other countries. in disc golf we have the most by far. not too long ago i saw a list of the top 20 ranked players...18 of them listed the US as their country. i'm not saying it won't happen, but i don't think disc golf needs to be in the olympics at all either.
olympic sports are almost all standardized sports: the field is an exact size, the track an exact length, the trapeze bars exact heights, etc. this is great for setting records and honing one's skills, but not so great for a sport with so much variability on the floor before anyone even starts playing. lets just have our world championships during the olympics like we did this year. olympics are great for some sports, but that the reason for that greatness couldn't be applied to disc golf imo.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968