www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

So I'm still trying to get into the whole Nuke and Katana thing, because I like the extra distance when I throw them right. One trend I'm starting to notice when I throw these discs and ONLY these discs. Is that I get a lot of shots that that go far to high up for me. For me this is odd, because I've always tend to throw low and very seldom "sky" a shot. If any thing I always had a problem getting height on my discs.

So, I'm wondering if anybody else has noticed an increase in their tailgater shots with these discs?

Thanks and Peace!

Views: 14

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

My weight transfer is good. It must be the nose angle upon release?
I haven't tried any of the ultra fast drivers yet but I would suggest trying higher lines with all of your discs.
Try Nose Down !!!
the discs are defective for sure, please mail them to me so i can discard them...
lmao! That's it! I knew it couldn't have been me!
A pro Katana rocks and yes it gets more glide then lots of other discs I have, but it comes in handy for a lot of ripper shots.
Nose angle sensitivity is my guess. Something I've been doing this year and seems to be working to conquer this issue is to hold my hand out like I'm going to shake with someone. Then I tip my fingertips down as far as they will go. Then I put the disc in my hand. (I even do these steps concurrently at this point!) Use this wrist orientation for every shot (flat, hyzer, anhyzer) and I think it will clear things up for you. It feels pretty akward for me still, but it's less so than when I started. I feel like I cannot snap the disc as far, but then the katana ends up going farther than anything I've been throwing when I do it. So I'm HOPING that having the right nose angle with marginal snap is phase one, and then the snap starts coming from this position and then I break my 360-380' average distance plateau.
Nose Angle Sensitivity??? .....No where......but disc golf. ...well almost!! lmao
just picked up pro katana a week ago. very unforgiving when i throw poorly, but when its good...... its so good.
the height is something i noticed as well but ive been working on it. the problem is definitely me.
cheers
Hey, people have nose angle sensitivity too sometimes!
Rescue, I have a ESP Nuke and seem to be having a (similar) problem to what you are describing Although I have no problem throwing it low. If I throw it like any of my other discs I flip the piss out of it and I get maybe 350' before it hits the ground anny. However, I noticed I throw it uphill far better then any of my other drivers, thrown hyzer up it will flip flat gently anny and then come back. Thus I tried throwing a similar shot in an open field and when I release the nuke as if I am trying to throw it uphill I tend to get a better, longer, and more stable flight out of it.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968