www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Oh, yeah, one more new course to go in, in Ann Arbor, before next fall!!! :)

It turns out that the then-athletic director at Pioneer High School was responsible for purchasing equipment for the brand new high school, Skyline, and he ordered baskets for a 9-hole course, and inserted disc golf to be in the new school's curriculum.

Sheila, Ben, and I visited with the phys ed teacher responsible for it last night after I got off work. (Ben and Sheila had been at Lakeshore marking tees, picked me up, and joined me.)

The gym teacher and others had previously walked around the new athletic fields there and marked what they thought would be some okay (wide open) holes, but they had done so at a very dry time. Most of what they had marked was quite wet. And all of it uses fairly open space around the edges of the fields - space that has what will be chest high grass in July and will not be mowed. Won't work, basically, even though it has huge, probably unmanageable elevation changes due to the nature of the topography and how they moved the dirt around to get the playing fields constructed.

Luckily, there is a nice little copse of woods available between the school and a nearby housing development. It had some mature trees, nice, clear underbrush, and a gorgeous small creek running through it. We should be able to fit a nice 9 holes in there and the teacher doesn't think there is sensitivity to using that land. (Which we need to check out officially, of course, but my fingers are crossed.)

If anyone who reads this lives near Skyline, please let me know. It would be good to be connected to a couple of resident disc golfers just in case neighborhood concerns arise during design and installation. We'd also like to have some very local input into the course design and try to develop some commitment to stewardship as we work on it.

Tags: Ann Arbor, High School, New Course, Skyline, Skyline High School, course design, design

Views: 0

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Another in the Ann Arbor area.... RAD!!!
This Is so sweet.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968