www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

ATTENTION:

CEMENT TEE PADS AT SLEEPY HOLLOW!!!

The Capital City Renegades have just been informed that if we can come up with
$400.00 and the man power we can put in cement tee pads in at Sleepy
Hollow State Park as soon as the ground dries up!!!

Here is what I am looking for from all you fabulous people on this site. MONEY and
man power but mostly MONEY!!!!!

If you would like to make a donation for cement tee pads at Sleepy Hollow please contact me on this
site or send money to the clubs paypal account ccrdiscgolf@yahoo.com.

Every dollar helps!!!

Thanks,
Capital City Renegades

Views: 11

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I donated some money to the am1 pool on Saturday!
I will donate money if Blazo promises to play faster. :)
Oh man!! hahah I'll play faster if someone teaches me how to without screwing up!! I don't like playing slow as much as other people don't like waiting for me to throw! In tournaments, I try to clear my head of basically everything but the throw itself, and sometimes that takes longer than I'd like...
I heard about that at the lumberjack. Was this the guy responsible for holding up the 7 year old juniors and legends division? Didn't those old guys even have walkers and were moving faster? :)
No dude, I'm not that slow. I always do my best to be courteous and not hold up groups. I've been paired with someone slower than me 2 of the last 4 tourney rounds i've played in!
I was only playing around man :)
we'll see who's playing around when i'm warming up for my next shot and you're waiting behind me next time...
just kidding by the way
Blizzard Hills in Pinconning is in the same situation. We have all eighteen baskets in the ground with hopes of getting all eighteen pads poured this spring but the reality of the new club is that the funds are not there. So far we have done all of the work with volunteer labor (including Terry and Sheila's course design), donated money, money from weekly league play, small profits from tournaments and fundraiser discs but since the league pays insurance costs and paid for the baskets, there is $0.00 left in the kitty. I have an idea that would be GREAT - how about DGRUS sponsors a fund raiser for just such projects by paying for a run of fundraiser disc, selling them in the Throw Shop and then providing tee pad $$$ to the needy club. In return courses could be officially sponsored by DGRUS and then promote DGRUS by displaying promotional materials around the course and at all events. Another attempt we have made is to recruit specific hole sponsors where a substantial donation allows the donor a sign at the specified hole. This has been somewhat successful but after paying for the baskets last fall, the funds are depleted.

Now here's another situation that would be GREAT to see a remedy for. Bay City State Recreation Area has some great land for 3 nine hole courses and after a spring and summer of walking and sketching, I have a layout for the three separate 9 hole courses that follow the shoreline at Bay City's State Park. And at the end of last season, the park's supervisor was even able to put some crews out there to start grooming fairways, clearing brush and preparing for installation. Again the situation comes down to funding. If any of you have contacts with any state people that may be able to push the idea along, it would be greatly appreciated. As I understand it, if we could get the funds for the baskets, we could improvise on all other needs and concentrate on creating another GREAT Michigan State Park course.

Any suggestions or ideas would be appreciated nearly as much as the cash to buy the concrete. And after everyone on DGRUS donates for the Sleepy Hollow pads, turn your donating inner self to Blizzard Hills, contacting me at past-shadows@charter.net, through my page here on DGRUS, writing or sending donations to P.O. Box 337, Kawkawlin, Michigan 48631 or calling me on the phone, I'm listed in the white page directory.

And again, a special thanks to CCR for providing the 9 baskets needed to complete Blizzard Hills until we could get our order from Discraft. Good things come to clubs that are so supportive in situations where it would have been easier to ignore our needs. My donation is on it's way to ccrdiscgolf@yahoo.com

thanks,
Craig Prime - president/co-designer @ Blizzard Hills, Pinconning Disc Golf Club.
I would like to thank Scott Ransley and Craig Prime for there donations. You guys are great thank you.
I just remember there being a 30 minute wait on hole 9....because of the AM1's and Masters. Ladies and Am3s went right through ;-) Of course having a hole that is 100 feet shorter and a lot less scary doesn't hurt.
I will see what the mount pleasant area can do.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968