www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

i know they make good solutions for wet slippery hands, but now that the snow is gone, my discs get WAY dusty from the dry ground and fine dirt. the fine dirt on my discs, even after i wipe them down good with a towel, are just as slippery as if they were wet. whats a good solution besides carrying a wet rag in my bag!?

Views: 9

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

find a pine tree, find some old dryed up pine pitch on it and pry it off with a knife. i keep some in my bag in a chewing tobacco tin. a little will last forever, gives you the perfect amount of grip IMO. otherwise there are those birdie bags, i don't know what they do, never tried them, but i think its for grip problems.
birdie bags just absorb moisture.
I think Lotto is looking for a solution for Dryed out hands !!!!
Mark Stephens said:
Come on Captain Discraft?

Can't you just use your super Discraft powers to make the disc less slippery?

no.
Donny Olow said:

not dried out hands, dry dusty discs !!!!
I have been in the habit of blowing on my fingers. This is due to playing this past winter, and as my past as a bowler. It seems to help especially with the Z and Champion plastic. The slight moisture and added warmth help give a little tackiness to the fingers.
hahah awesome!! i don't know if that's superstitious or if it is universally useful, but i love the the Sitting Bull approach to disc golf!

da "kingpin" said:
find a pine tree, find some old dryed up pine pitch on it and pry it off with a knife. i keep some in my bag in a chewing tobacco tin. a little will last forever, gives you the perfect amount of grip IMO. otherwise there are those birdie bags, i don't know what they do, never tried them, but i think its for grip problems.
Just hit the chains and it won't get dirty ;-)
I carry a small bottle of that Anti-Bacterial hand soap (no water needed) b/c I would lick my finger tips a lot. I found that after I put on the soap it would make my hands a little stickier. give it a whirl.
I don't know, if I seen you do this during a round I might have to call course destruction penalty on you.

Blaze said:
hahah awesome!! i don't know if that's superstitious or if it is universally useful, but i love the the Sitting Bull approach to disc golf!

da "kingpin" said:
Lotto said:
Donny Olow said:

not dried out hands, dry dusty discs !!!!

C'mon...be a man already and spit on your fingers! You don't have to hock one up...or anything like that...
Beside's ....all the cool kids are doing it. lol!!!
Pine tar or anything similar is a strokeable offense, no foreign substances allowed on your hands/discs. I almost got stroked once when my disc had pine tar on it... after it hit a pine tree a couple holes back. A good hand sanitizer seems to work good for me, the alcohol content is pretty high so it cleans your hands good & the rest evaporates & leaves a hand clean & ready for a good grip. Shammy off that disc too :)

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968