www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

i know they make good solutions for wet slippery hands, but now that the snow is gone, my discs get WAY dusty from the dry ground and fine dirt. the fine dirt on my discs, even after i wipe them down good with a towel, are just as slippery as if they were wet. whats a good solution besides carrying a wet rag in my bag!?

Views: 9

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thats pretty hard core if someone tried to stroke you for hitting a tree.. ;)

JCthrills said:
Pine tar or anything similar is a strokeable offense, no foreign substances allowed on your hands/discs. I almost got stroked once when my disc had pine tar on it... after it hit a pine tree a couple holes back. A good hand sanitizer seems to work good for me, the alcohol content is pretty high so it cleans your hands good & the rest evaporates & leaves a hand clean & ready for a good grip. Shammy off that disc too :)
HejHej there slickster .Wear two pair of underwear boxer/brief combo and use the sweat your own body makes to help you get a perfect throw every time. Or you can rub some Tabasco in your honker and get that perfect GREEN gel for hours.There that should help you get under par at your next tournament. Its only cheating if its Foreign !
:)
Shammy !!!
Donny, no more gay responces....please.
Try Star plasic. pretty good grip to it:)
is that because its made out of diahria??
My boyfried got his disc stuck up in a pine tree, he had to climb to the top to get it. The sap on the tree helped with his grip. LOL!!
I wonder why Mark Ellis uses pine tar on many of his discs if it's a strokeable offense. I believe that sweat provides the best grip, but it's something I haven't had access to on the course for some months now :).

JCthrills said:
Pine tar or anything similar is a strokeable offense, no foreign substances allowed on your hands/discs. I almost got stroked once when my disc had pine tar on it... after it hit a pine tree a couple holes back. A good hand sanitizer seems to work good for me, the alcohol content is pretty high so it cleans your hands good & the rest evaporates & leaves a hand clean & ready for a good grip. Shammy off that disc too :)
A.I. said:
I wonder why Mark Ellis uses pine tar on many of his discs if it's a strokeable offense. I believe that sweat provides the best grip, but it's something I haven't had access to on the course for some months now :).

JCthrills said:

he dosent use pine tar, he uses some synthetic material that he sprays his discs with and its PDGA approved. maybe ill have to try that.
mark uses a sports spray called sport-tac its not illegal to use. It works great for forehand doesn't help much for back hand.

A.I. said:

JCthrills said:
I tried every version of stick-um I could find. Pine tar is messy but effective. I use Pow'r Tac and spray it on my discs. Pow'r Tac can be found in sporting goods stores in the baseball area (used for grip on bats).

Many years ago, searching for better grip on forehand drives, especially in wet, cold conditions, I tried all the various grip aids used in different sports (rock climbing, bowling, baseball, etc.). Once I found that the pine tar type grip aids were effective (Pow'r Tac is just synthetic pine tar without the grime) I submitted the question to the PDGA Rules Committee regarding their legality in sanctioned play. The Rules Committee approved their use.

Most player do things to improve their grip, whether it is a Birdie Bag, dirt, saliva or just keeping a dry, clean hand. In most conditions with most plastics grip is not all that difficult to obtain. But try throwing candy plastic in freezing ice rain forehand!

There is a safety issue involved. Golf discs can cause injury and a good grip improves the safety of the game.

It is my prediction that eventually plastics will be developed which will resolve the grip issue in poor conditions. But at the moment stick-um is wonderful.

Lotto said:
A.I. said:

JCthrills said:

he dosent use pine tar, he uses some synthetic material that he sprays his discs with and its PDGA approved. maybe ill have to try that.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

2014 ACE RACE PLAYER PACKS ?

Posted by James Banevicz on November 23, 2014 at 4:41pm

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968