www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I thought an nt would of paid more than the recent Florida NT. No wonder we cant afford to travel to some tourny's to play. The A tier the week bfore in cali. paid just about the same. ( wish I could win the lotto to kick start the $$$$) 

Views: 14

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It all has to do with sponsors at the bigger events, and right now their are not a lot of them willing to pay for advertisement at the events. So most of the payouts are from the entries themselves.
The texas state shootout this week paid almost as much also, wtg Texas!!!
And thats the proof... :(

Disc golf needs more exposure before sponsors will pay in lots of money to be advertised at an event, which is why ball golfers get paid so much for their wins. The main reason top players choose NT events instead of some larger local events is because of the points, not the pay out.
Maybe 3 giant pdga events a year that payout like 10,000 or 20,000 for 1st like the usdgc. that couldnt hurt our sport , have a tournry like that in every region.
The problem is the vast majority of disc golfers out there aren't interested in watching the sport. They go and play. Most disc golfers aren't even aware that you can BE a pro disc golfer. They couldn't name 1 pro even if you held up a teebird, leopard and avenger for them to look at. Those of us who pay attention to the pro game are already here on line and well aware of what's going on, but it's not like we're going to do excessive travelling for the game as spectators. What are there maybe 15000 active PDGA members? This is hardly the market share TV or advertisers are looking for.
that being said, disc golfers don't necessarily like to watch pros play on tv is i think wrong from the description of the shootout in texas, it would have been a good one to see .......... Climo winning it all ..... in O.T. ..... the idea of having 4 majors geographically in 4 corners of the states is a good idea ....... get the people out to watch them ..... have them televised via the computer ...... good idea..... can't get a major sponsor to put up the dough? .... get your fans to ..... if u enjoy watching the podcast ..... go to one of the 4 majors websites and donate cash to the pro purse ...... donate $10 for your quadrant tournament $6 for the pros and $4 for televising of it...... an all fan based quadrant endowed tournament that tries to outdo the other 3 majors with tv and cash for the pros..... everybody wants more cash for the pros but where is it going to come from ..... put our monies where our mouths are ...... it's our entertainment ..... hockey tickets, baseball tickets, football tickets monies all come from the fans, the fans fund the games, period
Well said!
I'd pay to go see an epic tournament. One way to get all the pro's to show up at these events is to give them an appearence incentive. They just had the St. Patricks tournament up here in Nor Cal. The nice thing was that the pro's played on a different week than the am's. So I was able to check it out and if they charged for parking or to enter the course. I would have paid to check it out, but I think they would have had a bigger draw if all the big time names were there slugging it out. I bet if you gave them some money just to show. You would make that fee up by charging people to see them play.
Heck it works in ball golf and look at some of the crowds the bring in. I know it's comparing apples to oranges, but we got to start sometime.
http://www.pdga.com/tournament-results?TournID=9725

They come out to the Atlanta Open at my home courses! Climo, Feldberg, Todd, Doss, Matt Dollar, Phil Arthur, Avery Jenkins. The Forsyth County Open at the same courses in September has a 5k payout!
Haven't heard too much about this from anybody ........... do we want to see the majors or what???? .......... where o' where is the PDGA in all of this ??? where's the push , oh there ain't no push ....... way to bad. ................................................

that being said, disc golfers don't necessarily like to watch pros play on tv is i think wrong from the description of the shootout in texas, it would have been a good one to see .......... Climo winning it all ..... in O.T. ..... the idea of having 4 majors geographically in 4 corners of the U.S, is a good idea ....... get the people out to watch them ..... have them televised via the computer ...... good idea..... can't get a major sponsor to put up the dough? .... get your fans to ..... if u enjoy watching the podcast ..... go to one of the 4 Quadrant major's websites and donate cash to the pro purse ...... donate $10 for your quadrant tournament ...... $6 goes for the pros and $4 for televising of it...... an all fan based quadrant endowed tournaments that tries to outdo the other 3 majors with tv and cash for the pros..... everybody wants more cash for the pros but where is it going to come from ..... put our monies where our mouths are ...... it's our entertainment ..... hockey tickets, baseball tickets, football tickets monies all come from the fans, the fans fund the games, period ............ any thots and is it doable?
OK, No offense to Dollar. He's a good guy and player and way better than me, but he's quite a bit short of the rest of those guys. I bet he'd love it that you metioned him there, though.

Are you serious about the payout for the Forsyth County Open?
Can you say RECESSION

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

2014 ACE RACE PLAYER PACKS ?

Posted by James Banevicz on November 23, 2014 at 4:41pm

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968