www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I thought an nt would of paid more than the recent Florida NT. No wonder we cant afford to travel to some tourny's to play. The A tier the week bfore in cali. paid just about the same. ( wish I could win the lotto to kick start the $$$$) 

Views: 11

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

only pros want more cash for the pros, i personally could care less. and the players aren't going to continue to pay to watch the majors/NT tourneys, i threw them a bone with the memorial to see what it was gonna be like and because i want the sport itself to get more exposure. but after the product i received for my money at the memorial i will never pay again! the coverage was garbage, it didn't work half the time the final hour was aweful! the cameramen weren't even following the disc they were staying with the player, like i want to see thier reaction, retarded. And the only reason i care about exposure for this sport is to get more courses in the ground for my personal use.
We should make the NTs a huge fund raiser for Charity. At the end of the year we Donate $100,000 to cancer research. Maybe that would get some HD footage on ESPN. Sponsorship would would be stronger, your rating could still go up, and the trophies would be priseless.
I think the live footage I saw last year was pretty good ..... the day's compilation of the tourney each day was good ..... got to see most everybody throw etc. ...... i think the problem that they do have is lake of great equipment for all around the course ...... cable and all the other stuff ...... people to run them .... trailers to have all the feed stuff in .... big endeavour ... you would think with today's technology you wouldn't need cables just like a navigator for a car a sattelite feed to upload live feed ...... for me i'd pay for a daily update avail late that night or next day to see the action. ..... are there enough folks out there who would subscribe $10 4x's a year to see the majors ....... the NE could support a tourney to fund the payout and support the daily feed, them good ol' boys in Tennessee could do the SE trying to beat the funding for the other tourney and Texas and Washington State could do the same for their quadrant tourneys ....... all funded and the sport seen around the country. Would that work or not? that being said with the day's compilation avail night of regulation play? ......
good comment .... it's all about giving back ... pediactric cancer research ..... as many of u are young family men and women with young children and yeah it's priceless
Sad thing for me is I remember a similar conversation as this 20 years ago, before we all had the Internet at home. The local club here has a course challenge series every year, each month they play a different course. I see they've started having these tournaments to support charities. It doesn't increase the purse size but it gets them more recognition.

This is a very slow growing sport, until and/or unless some one with a lot of money or connections gets involved the growth will stay at a snails pace, imo.

I wish I had some ideas...or money.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968