www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I have been playing on a somewhat serious level for the past 17 years. I have played in tourneys but never won. Lately, I play the three league sessions at the local course. Two are doubles and one night is singles. Anyway, I paired up with a good player for the Sunday morning doubles and we won. A lot of it had to do with my partner and some amazing putts that he made but I did contribute a few good shots. I have now won three times in doubles this summer with three different partners. Yesterday during singles I shot a -1 and tied for fourth. I really only messed up three shots out of the 53 shots that I threw. But it was nice because my goal was to just shoot well and get under par. I made good decisions and didn't let the bad shots get to me. I played within myself.

Definitely after playing for so long a few small victories. I now have a bag with eleven discs that I really like. I often use all of them in a round. And I have all of the necessary tools (shots). It has just felt really nice to put things together like that, especially back to back rounds. So after throwing for 17 years it is starting to pay off in experience. Looking forward to Thursday night doubles. And maybe, just maybe, I'm getting a little bit of respect.

BTW, I turn 52 this week. I'm getting old.

Views: 126

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

those are small victories ....... congrats on sticin' it out ..... like whine   better with age.

You know, I don't really need to learn any new techniques or buy any more discs right now. I just have to put it all together. I screwed up a few shots the other day but I didn't let it get to me. I stayed focused and it paid off.

awesome!  but you already know you dont have to win to have fun. But congrats on the win . 

Great Post. It is so fun to play hot golf and be improving. You are in a good mind set when you recognize your attitude and mental game positively effecting your score. You have to do that to enjoy ball golf at all.

Yes, but winning sure feels good and it never hurts to take home a few extra bucks either.

A couple of weeks prior I shot something like 11 over in singles and made a lot of errors on shots that are usually quite easy for me. It was nice to get it together this week and show myself that I do know how to play. I watch a lot of ball golf and you can see how the mental game affects those guys. After the doubles win on Sunday I saw that when Keenan Bradley fought for the win at Firestone and Furyk choked.

A small congratulations is in order.

This thread was mainly about trusting yourself, doing what you know works and sticking with it. I believe that if you do that you will eventually win something. So much of the game is mental and I have worked pretty hard on that aspect of the game.

Last Thursday in doubles I got paired up with a partner who said before the round that he had been drunk for the past three days. That made it a bit harder to focus and try to play well. Also, he played music the whole round which was a distraction for everyone in our group. Oh well. one more learning experience. Still we tied for fifth out of eleven groups. No money.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968