www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I have a large Fage Gear Tourney bag.  I love the bag and the company.  I sometimes get frustrated by having to drag it around though, even with my backpack straps.  I am thinking about shelling out the small $30 for the "crunch box."  Would it be worth it?  For those who have had both, does the smaller weight make you game better, or at least more enjoyable?  I will probably use the larger one for tournaments though either way.

Views: 43

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I did the exact same thing your suggesting Shawn 3 weeks ago, couldn't be happier. so i have a tourney bag that holds all my backup discs, and i play with my crunch bag only. since narrowing down my molds, its all i need and saves my back!!!!!!! i have 6 molds and my new Fade Camo Crunch bag can hold 12-14 discs, so i have a backup for every mold.
yea, i bought the same Fade Gear Cammo bag, its money.
If you are looking for a small bag you would be crazy not to look at the Gorilla Boy Spider Monkey Bag. Its made of much better material. Its about in the price range your talking. It might be a bit small for what your looking for but a video review of the bag can be seen here:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-7CLmlZ33Y
I've heard good things about Gorilla Boy, but I am more then happy with my Fade Gear, and the customer support is fantastic. I've written them a couple times and I get a very personal reply less then an hour later.

If I didn't have this attachment to Fade Gear, I would probably be going with Gorilla Boy.
I have the Fade Gear Camo bag (large) holds 20+ and played a 18 hole wooded course, I only used about 6, no more then 10 disc's. I did not need all that plastic with me, 2 water bottles, plus all that's in the pockets. I thought about bringing the small Innova bag that i have,holds 13 max. it only holds one water bottle. If you use a smaller bag... you need to get better or be better with a smaller amount of plastic, "The Crunch Box" as they call it holds more then 13 and less then 20...
It would be ideal to have all three bags and make that choice at the course your playing.
i like having a smaller bag when i play by myself or for certain courses. a larger bag for legue,tournies etc. a cart is nice sometimes too.
Stick with the tourney bag, I also have the Fade Tourney bag and a smaller bag but I never use the smaller one. You get used to the space and when you have to choose which discs to take out of the big bag to have room for the smaller it gets tough. And no matter what you pick you will get out to the other side of the course and realize that you packed the wrong buzzz.
I decided to just get a crunch box and try it out. I do get frustrated having to carry such a big bag when practicing. I will repost when I decide if it was worth it. I got a good price $28.80 total at Disc Golf Center because of the free shipping, and customer reward. I figure practicing with fewer discs will make me better at those discs instead of just throwing everything I own.
well i swicthed from a remington hunting bag, (wich held 25-28 discs), to a Golf Mate bag witch only holds about 15 or so, and its done great improvements on my back and i dont always have to spend 30 minutes picking the right disc forthe hole.....
We have Played The Steep Gran Canyon in FL (removed), Renaissance Gold in Charlotte, NC (3 of us had this same cart and we all 3 brought them to USDGC in One Car), Timber Ridge Ski Slope in MI (removed) during worlds. NO PROBLEMS except the jealous comments. LOL!
So light weight, it is easy to carry over creeks and logs, etc.
Keeps your bag dry on flooded courses. I have attached 2 clips to the top arm...one holds my scorecard and the other holds my towel so it will dry in the wind. Perfect.
Gravit*E took a cooler and screwed a skate deck to the top so he puts the cooler on the cart, and the bag on top of the cooler. Sweet.
I have seen other modifications from people all over the state that have purchased the Ultra Compact Disc Cart.
Here is the best part...It is Cheaper than Quad Shocks!!!
Joe G wanted to mention also that we have sold dozens and dozens of these Ultra Compact Disc Carts and never heard one complaint, or anything like "I never use it" or anything at all but High Praise!
Joe G has been using this Cart for over 15 years and (little secret) Innova at one time designed a Bag that slid over the handle. Joe G still has this bag because when you use the cart, it puts no wear and tear on the bag. Think about it...never buy another disc golf bag again. The Ultimate Compact Disc Cart preserves your bag!
This is such a great point that I am going right now to add it to the description, Thanks Charles!!!
I know that if you get one, you will love it. I use mine every day, ask anybody who knows me and sees me on the course. Team Super G uses them in competition. They understand the advantages.
You bet, I did the same thing last season, I use the crunch for everything except tournaments. The best thing is not having to throw my bag on and off two or three times per hole.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968