www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Just cant get that snap down so frustrated see people that has been playing for a couple of months and can out drive me by 75 feet HELP

Views: 551

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Try the Towel thing , then move up to a bigger Towel !!!!

IMHO, if you don't set up with the proper foot work you will not get good snap. Snap isn't all about what you do with your hands. What you do with your feet and the rest of the body is just as or even more important. A good transfer of weight from the back to the front is where you get your snap. X-step is what stores up and then releases the power.

For the pull, you want it to be nice and smooth.  As you pass your chest, that's when you accelerate.  Hit as hard as you can there.

Dusty.  to start working my snap I imagined myself starting a lawnmower.  I find Jim and Star are right.  Its all about the pull.  And if i have a day that my feet are feeling clumsy, I have horrible drive and have to concentrate and adjust my steps to regain control.  Also I find follow through important as well. Give me a text or call and we can go to a park and grind to my practice basket.  806-683-3985

Right on that sounds great

I think that there is a video on youtube called Hammer Drill. It teaches you how to snap. Watch Dan Beato's vids. They are helpful.

Watched some top pros throw this weekend at a tourney and when they were throwing for big distance off the tee they were getting a huge reach back and coming through so quickly it was ridiculous.  I definitely will be working on pulling the disc through more quickly.  Oh, and they were bombing 450 - 500ft... maybe even further.  It was nuts!!  

Lots of good advice here. Talking about a smooth pull accross the body and accelerating, think about an ice skater spinning on ice. As she pulls her arms in, she spins faster. You are creating momentum with your body, and by keeping the disc close to your body you create speed.  Once you have speed you can't not snap. Be light on your feet, work on creating momentum.  As you are pulling the disc through, focus on your forearm muscles, a  firm grip and bending your elbow slightly to crank up that cintrepital force!

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968