www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Just wondering who is still playing without snow. It snowed here briefly one night and there is a touch of snow on the course but we have not yet had any significant snow this year. We were at about 3% of normal last month. Who else has avoided the snow? Tomorrow's forecast is for about 48 degrees. It hit 60 this week here.

Views: 7

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Going tomorrow, no snow in the forecast here for Sarasota FL. High should be 73.
I'm surprised that you don't have snow there this time of year. I bet you can only guess the state of affairs that I'm facing up here.
Believe it or not here in North East NY we have no snow on the ground.
its freezing, high of 28 and we have two inches on the ground as of early this week. lame.............
And they deny global warming. We usually get snow in October so the snow is really almost 2 months late this year. It does make for good disc golf conditions.
Living here in North Carolina we usually don't get snow until January sometimes Feb. Last year we had a blizzard in December around christmas and we already got hit with a few inchs of snow this year. Has nothing to do with global warming as it does the jet stream and where it is positioned during this time of year.

Oh and the correct scientific name is Global Climate change... Funny how in the 70s we said it was global cooling so we reduced sulfur emissions from coal and diesel, In the 90s it became global warming as we stop putting so much cooling agents into the air (Sulfur), now it is climate change as scientists have finally realized what 90% of the geological community has for year that we are still in an "ICE AGE" and the earth has a natural cycle of warming and cooling.

Funny now they are trying to tell us our pollution is causing Global dimming which usually can be observed happening for a few years after a major volcanic eruption... Go figure.
no snow , just rain . snow doesn't show up here till the end of jan. begining feb. and its only on the mountains mana kea and mana loa .
21 Degrees (7 wind chill) this AM and a light snow falling . . . what to do . . . what to do . . . what any other sane person would do: disc golf

We are acutally really light on snow this year. Normally we under several inches by now. I can still see my grass kinda odd this year.
Well yesterday it was a bit cold but warmed up nicely. I started the day playing league with some light fleece gloves. Actually used them on a few shots. But after it warmed up I ditched them and an extra jacket. I don't see any snow in the forecast for the next week or so.

Seems like we might be in one of those weather patterns where we get warm temps and the East Coast gets hammered. Heard they were supposed to get some snow this week.
No Snow here in San Diego , CA. I would have to drive about 2 hours up to the Mountains !!!!
Living in California you don't have snow unless you live above about 4000 foot elevation in the sierras or the cascade mountains. So we play as long as it is not super cold and raining......
played an arctic round today. high of 12 degrees before the windchill- about 5 with the wind, and yes it was windy most of the day, and about 2 inches of snow. had a blast and shot actually pretty well. not expecting the same scores i would get in nicer weather, but was still not far off.

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968