www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I have a tourney in a week and its going to be the first time that I've played a round of dg with snow on the ground. My guess is that where I'm playing at is going to have around 6inches of snow on the ground and I'm looking to get some tips to help out. I have the clothing covered I just need help with the actual game play (certain plastics, tricks to help find my disc, pretty much anything that you learned by experience from playing in these conditions). Any tips would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Tags: Snow

Views: 62

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It is definitely a good idea to put your ribbon tape on when the discs are warm, then toss your discs out in your car trunk so they drop in temp and dont sweat when you get to the course out in the cold. The old ice fishing trick works for winter DG as well. This summer (or play it again right now) keep an eye out for old cross country/downhill skis at garage sales. You can pick up the old ones for pennies. Cut the skis down and screw any size box or cooler directly to the skis and attach a rope to the box. Shazaam! If you build it up this summer I would paint it up like the Jamaican bobsled team colors. Because, well, why not?!!?

ill give up my winter disc secret -

genuine chamois (shammy)

buy one at meijer or target or whatever, but NOT the synthetic ones, get a 16 dollar or so one that is "genuine" (its the hide of a small animal)

of course, that's my secret for rainy disc golf too, but i'm the only one i know of who uses a real chamois in the snow like every throw.  works like a charm, and they last forever.  no more need to worry about slippy grips once you have one!!

a played a tournament yesterday with a guy who brought a broom. in the second round it started to blizzard and the broom was a great advantage over every other group maybe take a look at the weather.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

2014 ACE RACE PLAYER PACKS ?

Posted by James Banevicz on November 23, 2014 at 4:41pm

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968