www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

We got nailed with over a foot of wet snow. Usually, that much snow will happen over several weeks and it gives players a chance to get out and create walking paths from tee pad to basket. I am afraid this year we may be down for the count until spring. Up here in Wisconsin there will be more snow to come and no way to trample a path with foot traffic. The snow is just too deep.

This particular course is 9 holes, city owned and meticulously maintained.

Under normal winter conditions, players will shovel tee pads and sometimes we drag one of those cargo type plastic sleds to help pack the snow and create a pathway.

Would it be insane of me to ask the city to run a Vee type plow from tee pad to basket so that foot traffic can take over from there and create typical foot packed pathways?

Is it even possible to run a plow over grass without the risk of doing serious damage?

Just wanted to get some thoughts before I make a fool of myself when I call the city.

Views: 54

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

if they normally take "meticulous" care of the course, they may already be thinking of something to do for the course... sorry about the slammed snowfall, another reason I like living in Las Vegas... if it snows it's not for long and it's not gonna stick.

hope it gets worked out for ya man.. not playing(for any reason) sucks

David, perhaps packing trails with a snowmobile or 4 wheeler/sled would be an option?  I have seen 12 " snow falls get played into shape quickly at 9 hole city courses in WI. Mt Simon park in Eau Claire comes to mind. Embrace winter discing lol.

Thanks. I had completely forgotten about using a snowmobile. BTW - Mt. Simon park is the course I was referring to. I play it everyday, prior to this recent snowfall.

I don't mind playing in the snow as long there is a semi-packed walk path between holes. The fear of losing a disc in the snow forces me to work on my accuracy.

Small world lol. Congrats on playing every day!

My son in law and I played there 2 weeks ago, on a warm and foggy Monday morning. We may have said hello by 7 tee, when you were coming through on "back" 9.

We played Mt Simon a lot last winter. We always bring a shovel, it's nice if tee's are shoveled before they get tracked and packed.

What I don't like about Mt Simon is the ice that forms on some greens.

You take care David, and enjoy your daily rounds.

Tom

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968