www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

... and I am totally unsure how I am going to run things. I expected about 6-8 people and now I have at the very least 17 and potentially about 30 attendees! 90% of them are going to be first timers or very new. There will be a good number of discs, most people should have a driver and putter but there may be a few people who will have to share. This will be at Hudson mills on a WEEKEND, so it will already be busy.

My questions are: What is even the proper etiquette for running that many people on a course? It's a social event so I don't want to IMMEDIATELY break them off into groups though I am sure I will eventually HAVE to, but as far as other golfers on the course? I always let people play through when appropriate but with this many people with me, should I let one or two play through, play our round, one or two play through, play our round... should I let them roll through until there is a break in the flow of people? And then as far as my people, I'm sure there's going to be a good deal of wayward throws and that may hold up the group, is there anything I can do to make things go faster, like a doubles type situation where people take turns alternating on the same disc, from drive all the way to the basket? (That might help with spotters, as I'm sure discs will be lost)

Feeling a little overwhelmed, haha!

Views: 3

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'd take them all at once .... it there are 20 .... thirtys a bit much ........ do doubles .... take them to the open field and show them the different shots... then play alternate shot ..... make sure u read them the riot act about farthest away throws first and stay behind the field of play of get whacked in the head ...... no use keeping score unless it's a tourney ...... if it's just an introduction ten tee up, next ten take the second shot in ........ it's just about an introduction to the game ........ here it is, those that like it may come back those that don't have at least seen it. ........ did it for a mixed group of 22 the other week and it worked out fine ......... no others on the course though and i'd guess u'd just have to wave em through .... good luck and have fun ..... people like having a go at it.
Order more beer.

Play the short tee pads.

Play the original course, not the Monster.

Have everyone practice in the field for a while before heading onto the course. Give a basic lesson to those who want it.

Teach the newbies not to walk in front of someone throwing.

Bring tape for the newbie's fingers. A product called paper tape works best.

Play a practice game off the course in a mob group.

Play best shot with teams of two or three. All teammates throw then choose which shot they throw from next. Unchosen shots are just picked up.

Split the group up when on the course, no more than 3 teams on a card. Engineer the groups to split up the best players.

The groups should let anyone playing faster than them play through. Only let one group play through per hole.

Only play 18 holes (skip the extra 6).

Hudson Mills rents discs.

Make a bet. Keep score. The bet should be small like each losing player buys one beer for a winning player.

Good luck. Have fun.
Thanks for the advice!
This helps, thanks a bunch!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968