www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I've been unemployed now for a little longer than two months in which I have started to throw all the time and really starting to believe that I could compete in tourneys. But I'm so unsure... I need help!

Views: 5

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

i suggest you do what your parents did, and get a job mr. lewbowski.

the bums will always lose.
Do you realize how little money is to be made as a professional disc golfer? Even if you are in the top tier of golfers world-wide, you will still be living below that elusive "poverty line".
Get a job slacker!!
Road Trip! If you're financial set to play with the free time you now have go for it.There is nothing wrong while playing different states to look for work.new career.You just might enjoy the change of scenery. Take heed advice of those statements about the caliber of your play and peers in the pro rankings.Good luck,enjoy the ride.
Most of the top pros still have a day job. Look for a job that allows you to continue to play and see where it takes you. It's great to have a dream, but you need to temper that dream with a dose of reality.
Start going to some of the many leagues around the Twin Cities. If you can play well and win locally, you would have a chance on the road. If you can't beat Cale or Timmy, get a real job!
calmer than you are
Depends on how much money you have saved up.

Do you have your own Medical and Dental Insurance ?

Are you totally healthy ? How many dependants ( if any ) do you have ?

Are you married or have a girlfriend that also plays Disc Golf ?

Just some questions you need to ask yourself if Unemployed.
If your climo, sure.
Get a college degree. That will take a few years during which you can play lots of golf. Once you get a degree then go to Grad School. That will take a few years during which you can play a lot of golf. Once you get a fancy degree allow yourself to be dragged, kicking and screaming, into the job market.

With enough credentials you are in danger of being paid well for your services. While you are in college, your dereliction will be accepted, maybe even smiled upon by society.
Mark, you make some of the best posts on here! I just wish that you would use your wit more in your writing.

Or maybe that is why you use your wit here, because you sure would have to be careful in using it, if you could use it at all, in your given profession, which you were dragged into, kicking and screaming.

Uh, oh, I think I feel a man crush coming on! Or maybe it's just the Tex-Mex I had for lunch.
Priceless!!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968