www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I've been unemployed now for a little longer than two months in which I have started to throw all the time and really starting to believe that I could compete in tourneys. But I'm so unsure... I need help!

Views: 5

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Perhaps there might be a job working at one of the manufacturers who are making more and more discs for all those aspiring to make a living as disc golf pros...
Awesome. lol

Pure wisdom. We hurl ourselves at your cosmic excellence!
I don't think that its a bad idea, I appreciate your work.
Keep it up.
What exactly does that entail?
Whatever you do, try not to get yourself in a position where disc golf isn't fun. You should definitely compete in tournaments. They are fun and you will definitely get better.

Maybe if the sport continues to grow, there will be more careers in it. Right now, there are not many. Who makes "living money" now at disc golf?

Manufacturers/owners (handful)
Employees of manufacturers: accountants, clerical staff, production line, sales/marketing, etc. (maybe 6x handful)
Private course owners (handful, most have other jobs)
Staff at public parks (most have other duties, too)
Maybe 20 online stores, x1 or 2 staff
Maybe 20 brick and mortar stores, x1 or 2 staff
Pros (handful and most have other jobs or are students)
Bill,
If only we were gay we could get a lot more out of that man crush. :)

Humor is an important tool in human interaction. As a lawyer I use it as much in negotiating with Judges, cops and prosecutors as I do in any other area of life. If I were representing Bill Burns at his sentencing and the Judge is deciding whether to toss him in jail, if I can get the Judge to laugh or even smile then things will go better.

Sure, you have to be careful because humor can backfire. So can everything else and every decision you make it your life. Humor is actually riskier on the internet than in person because it is harder to recognize the intended meaning of words when they are written than when they are spoken.
Just got a job! So I don't have to worry about that anymore! Thanks everybody for you comments!
Try playing as many local tourneys as you can on weekends while you work on finding/landing work during the week. See how you stack up against those at the top of the tourneys and see how they're doing it.

Practice on your putting and job searching. Your gonna need em both.

Good luck
That was quick.
Let me explain something, I am not Mr. Lebowski, you're Mr. Lebowski. I'm the dude, so that's what you call me... or his dudeness or duder or el duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing!
That's what she said!... Wait...

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968