www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Today I was lucky enough to have a nice 77 degrees w/ not much wind at all. I'm curious of what kind of weather other people are bearing just to get there fix in.

Views: 3

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

about 46 degrees at tee time and then finished up around 64 here in santa cruz.
Yesterday, Humboldt Ice Bowl, Mad River Beach 61F and Sunny. :)

God, I love California!
80 today.
here in western australia it was 99 degrees
12 degree in the am and warmed up to 26 degree's
About 20 or so this am. Cleared the original shorts at Hudson Mills (1-18 only, minus #4,5). Thoughtful players yesterday made a real mess of the back tees so we didn't clear those.
I woke up this morning and found myself in Michigan. Of course, most mornings I find myself in Michigan, so no real surprise there, We got hit by about 8 inches of snow last night. I expected a much more difficult round today but the snow was powdery, not wet so it was much more manageable to walk in. The temps were in the 20's, so no big deal there either.

Someone shoveled the tee pads but it was actually counterproductive because the base layer was pure ice. Throwing on snow is easy compared to throwing on ice. So we threw on ice for 24 holes. My team hit a 60 foot putt on the last hole to get to 13 down to tie for 1st at the Kensington league. Ok, I on behalf of my team hit the long putt but only after my partner chained out. I hate to brag (well, maybe not hate but how about feel a little peevish?) but how many times am I going to hit a long putt on the last hole to experience fame and glory? Not enough times, if you ask me.

So in long answer to a short question, around 25 degrees.
mid 50's................Heat Wave Baby!!
A nice ~75 degrees while I was playin' at Maximo. :)
Okay, Jeremy Rogers, if you're playing in 77 degrees in January, then you should NOT start this thread. The collective icy wrath of northerners everywhere is now upon upon you. When our digits and appendages thaw enough for us to adequately pummel you we're coming. jk

I'm in disc golf hibernation currently...it's 10 degrees right now.
mark ellis said:
I woke up this morning and found myself in Michigan. Of course, most mornings I find myself in Michigan, so no real surprise there, We got hit by about 8 inches of snow last night. I expected a much more difficult round today but the snow was powdery, not wet so it was much more manageable to walk in. The temps were in the 20's, so no big deal there either.

Someone shoveled the tee pads but it was actually counterproductive because the base layer was pure ice. Throwing on snow is easy compared to throwing on ice. So we threw on ice for 24 holes. My team hit a 60 foot putt on the last hole to get to 13 down to tie for 1st at the Kensington league. Ok, I on behalf of my team hit the long putt but only after my partner chained out. I hate to brag (well, maybe not hate but how about feel a little peevish?) but how many times am I going to hit a long putt on the last hole to experience fame and glory? Not enough times, if you ask me.

So in long answer to a short question, around 25 degrees.

The real question is Mark, have you ever played in snow shoes or back-country skis? Until then, you are not a true northern golfer in my mind. Oh course, I jest.

I've never been a winter golfer because I haven't enjoyed it much. This year I took some of your tips from an earlier thread and enjoyed two rounds of relatively fun winter golf. Then I threw my CFR destroyer across a river on the course. I was going to go the LONG, LONG way around to get it when the guy I was golfing with said, "Hey, there's a log right over here!" You know where this is going, but I'm going to tell you what happened anyway. We thought the water mostly frozen, but... the log was a bit slick and I slipped and one leg went through up to the groin. It was 5 degrees. The river is only 4 feet deep, so the worst part wasn't the cold (and yes, I finished the round...this happened on 17). The worst part was the stench of the river muck. I didn't think it would smell in winter...I was wrong. I think the foul odor gets trapped under the ice and concentrates...I'd rather get sprayed by a skunk than go into that again.

So that said, I'd ended another year of winter golf early. I'll give it a try next year and then I'll be the guy that says..."yeah, sure, I think it's frozen..." :-)
Today was 32 degrees and cloudy. We did not do the hole course. After about an hour and a half it was time to go in. I hope to get out tomarrow with the high being 34 and snow flurries. I should be able to get in 9 holes though and some putting practice during lunch time.

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968