www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I know some guys put their bags on them and some sit on them when they're waiting in tournaments. Ever since the worlds i've been wondering how much they would help younger guy in decent shape like me...any thoughts?

Views: 596

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

and they are great for camping
mark ellis said:
The three legged stools are seriously inferior to the four legged stools. The 4 leggers are more comfortable to sit in (though the real benefit is keeping your bag off the ground,mud,snow, slop) and vastly better balanced (nice for side hills).

For younger guys in decent shape the endurance factor is pretty small so the benefit of sitting is pretty small.

I thought about working in a stool softener joke but decided to spare all of you.

You owe me.

thanks, i just ate corn.
the stool can reduce the number of times you bend over which is one of the major factors in back fatigue. It also nice to have your own place to sit when playing a tournament.
I only use mine for tournaments. Sucks to eat lunch standing up between rounds and the backups on some holes can be brutal.
I agree with Mark. The Coleman 4 legged stool is superior to all others. You can slip it in between your Quad Shocks and side, and it is un-noticable. Advice I got from Mark, go to HD and get better rubber bottoms, and you will be all set.
$6 at Sports Chalet. 'nuf said Son
The coleman rambler stool is where it's at. Some VERY fashionable one's with the Am Nats logo may still be available... I think they go for $25... custom embroidered. I bought 2. Never leave home without it. Of course, I am a fat guy ;)
I don't use one for casual rounds but I will use one in a tourney situation. I personally don't like the basic 3 leg stool, those kind of stools tend to make my back hurt. BUT and there is always a BUT! I do a lot of canoeing and camping and these stools work wonders.

http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2908369
best part about the amNattie 4leggers was the whoopie-cushion sound when sat on, its a great tension breaker while yer winding up on the teebox, sadly they lose it when they beat in a bit...
it ain't rocket surgery, carry one if you want to sit
remembering to grab it is the challenge, tie a loop in the carry strap and 'biner it to yer bag so you can't not grab it, makes for great clanking while strollin fairways too btw...
or learn to enjoy the benefits of aerobicizing back to the last tee to get it while yer group waits on ya...
don't mess your stool w/ bagbottom cr@p
just buy the bag w/the fold up legs :winky:
If you have no knee or back problems you're golden without it.

This 50 year old youngster has found that on days when I plan to play more than 18 holes it helps a lot. If you are using quads on your bag the additional weight isn't even noticed. I'm currently playing with a torn miniscus and arthritis in my right knee and mild to medium sciatica. My main drive is RBH, so planting the right leg hurts like hell. If I sit for about 30 seconds every 4-5 holes the sciatica becomes non-existent. Sitting seems to put a different "stretch" on the muscles surrounding the nerve cluster. The benefits? I went from 18 holes in a weekend, to 63 in a weekend. 54 of which were on one of the toughest courses in our area. If you're wondering the only pain killer I take is 3 Tylenol about an hour before the first round. I suck bad enough without being overly numbed with something else.
The stool is an essential peice of equipment in my opinion. Get a good one the first time.....don't buy a cheep little one and be mad you didn't spend the extra five bucks and get the good one.....they are deff. worth it.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968