www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I know some guys put their bags on them and some sit on them when they're waiting in tournaments. Ever since the worlds i've been wondering how much they would help younger guy in decent shape like me...any thoughts?

Views: 608

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Seen These Types Used.

It's not a huge help, but in slow tourney play, they are nice to have. It's actually more useful to me as a bag stand when the ground is wet.
They're also good for setting a stack of putters on top of during putting practice. If you don't miss a putt, you'll never have to bend lower than the stool / basket to pick up your discs.
I use a tripod chair with a back for tournaments. Saves a lot on my back and knees during usually long waits in tournies.
Attachments:
I love my portable golfing chair. During slow tournament play I can rest and watch players make their upshots, putts, etc...

They make the round more enjoyable IMO.

PS, you young guys don't need them, so just forget about it. OK?
Thanks. We need all the help we can get.
My WebFoot golfing chair.....

I just started using one last season. I started using it because of some particularly slow events that I was playing in (I'm in the masters division now). I enjoy it very much for the reasons mentioned above. It is a great bag stand when your waiting for people in the fairway, and I sit on it at the tee boxes. Not because I am getting tired or anything. Just with all the waiting around, it make events more enjoyable.
I bought one just over a year ago (after starting this discussion) and it helps a ton in tourneys. Due to the facts that at work I'm sitting down all day, and I haven't officially "worked out" in a few years, my legs get easily fatigued when I'm standing around all day. I use the huk lab one (same as camp-time roll-a-stool or something).

At home I use the stool for a stand for my laptop if I wanna watch a movie or something while I'm lying in bed. It's perfect for that too! I think I've even sat on it when all the seats in my apartment living room were taken.
I have a small hunting stool it works really good. Its camo so no one can even see it at wooded courses. Its like im floating in air!
My opinion is that these stools are essential for tournament play. I don't use mine to set my bag on when it's wet during tourney play because I am trying to save my legs as much as possible. I don't fatigue that much from walking around but I do fatigue from standing around and waiting. I just won a tournament last weekend in a playoff. Would I have won the playoff with out using my stool all day? Maybe, Maybe not.
Besides sitting on them I like to use them for pushing prickers, brush, grass, etc... aside when looking for lost discs.
Kinda what I use mine for when not sitting on it. Keeps my bag dry from wet grass and mud.

Really helps me when I'm playing in slow groups and tournaments. Sometimes the benches are full or no benches at all.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968