www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I know some guys put their bags on them and some sit on them when they're waiting in tournaments. Ever since the worlds i've been wondering how much they would help younger guy in decent shape like me...any thoughts?

Views: 593

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I remember this one guy (a pro) who brought a full on reclining lounge chair to tourneys. He had a super relaxed pace & was very comfortable. He shot the lights out. He taught me a lot about patience that day.
I took it a step further, I put a shelf on a garage sale golf cart for my bag. Then I use shock cord to strap a stool to the shelf. The stool is a Cabela Lighting stool which is taller and has a back rest. When you get a little older and Art starts yell at you. Being able to sit down, lean back and stretch out helps a lot! During the last tournament, when I wasn't using my stool, several other players in my group ask to use my stool.
I think there great to have. I have seen these used to reach that disc that was in the water just out of dry shoe range. So the stool becomes a retriever as well (besides all the normal reasons to carry one).
We have the 3 legged, camp time stools that we just got in our store....

http://search.stores.ebay.com/LSDiscs-Plastic_stool_W0QQfciZQ2d1QQf...

I use mine all the time, especially in tournaments.
I have a portable stool but I don't use it too often. It seems like it is one more thing for me to carry around and to remember. I have used it in a tournament or two but I didn't use it that much and just ended up putting it back in the car, in between rounds. It does work for some people but I don't care for it too much.
I would recommend it for tournaments, with a lot of waiting, or if it is raining or the ground is wet. It will help keep your bag as dry as possible and you don't have to bend down so much to get discs out of your bag. That is definitely a positive to having a portable stool.
I carry one all of the time, but rarely have to sit on it in casual play. What I would add to the discussion is that mine is designed for fishing, so it is both a stool AND my bag. It has two side pockets designed for small tackle boxes and they hold 1-9 discs each very nicely. It also has a place for a water bottle, and a front pouch that I put a small towel in. It has a built in shoulder strap and I love the whole thing. I bought it from Wal-Mart on clearance rack so I paid very little for it, though it listed for $25 which is still reasonable..
The first time I carried one around for a multi-round tournament, I noticed how less tired my legs were when I was done with a round. But since you really don't use your legs much in throwing a disc, I guess it wouldn't really help your game much.

And it is soft already, thank you LizLaw.
Well you dont think you use your legs much but when your legs get tired, so does your body and your mind follows. That's usually about the time i start making dumb mistakes on the course.lol
My 30+ (gosh...almost 40!) year old legs need a rest. If I don't use it the first round on tournament day, it won't do me any good during the last round that day. I'll already be spent. If I take it with me in the morning, by later on I'm still fresh. I don't know if it would have helped me in my 20s, however, because I've only been playing since '06.
Love mine for tournaments, and when the course is really busy, seems how the few benches fill up fast and the stool gives you your personal space to ponder your game. I really don't carry it with me often unless I know there are going to be backups.
On a side note, if you are going to use one for setting your bag on or you play multi-terrain courses. I would recommend getting a four legged camping portable stool instead of the tripod stool, as the tripod stools are kind of a balance act if you are on a hill or slope of any kind.
I brought one for the first time at a tournament that I played in on Saturday. It was 2 rounds of 26 holes each with an hour lunch break between. There was lots of backup at some of the tees and I'm real glad that I had the stool. It saved my legs, gave me a chance to stretch my back and I ended up winning my division.
who carries the four leg stools?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968